• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

throwing back grenades

I've definitely been killed by grenades that I would have had time to toss out of the area safely, such as throwing out a window, but had no time to sprint clear of.

The only thing it would require is some safety checks for TKs on nades picked up by the other team. The whole dual ownership issue is one that I haven't seen handled well in games that do offer this feature. (ie, I pick up a nade that I don't actually have time to throw clear, I would have been dead either way, but because I picked it up, it 'became mine', and therefore I 'killed myself', and possibly some teammates.)

Upvote 0
Throwing and kicking grenades away is a real life tactic, and it should be implemented.

Trenches even include a secondary grenade trench that you kick a live grenade into to minimize the damage it causes to you and your teammates.

I mean, the whole reason you cook grenades is so that the enemy can't throw them back!

Upvote 0
I'd be just happy with even a possibility to kick it. Seeing that they seem to have pretty OK physics (they will roll downhill from corpses etc), so all you need to add is some acceleration from the characters end and it would push the grenade a fair share to the direction you are facing. You might end up kicking it to a bunch of friendlies, though :D

Upvote 0