• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CoD sniper quick-scoping in RO2 ;P

Who cares? The point is that quick-scoping is retarded and unrealistic and has no place in any mode of RO.

The fact that a damn sniper with a bolt-action rifle can sprint through a 3 story building and clear it out with super speed CoD quick-scoping just proves how dumbed down Red Orchestra has become.

So you're telling me that a sniper in real life couldn't run through a building and put a bullet into those Nazis?

Honestly, I'll never understand you people. Apparently "realistic" means that snipers are helpless within ranges of a hundred meters, people armed with SMGs are totally ineffective short of placing the barrel of the gun up the *** of another person, and anyone capable of running with any sort of expediency is a hacker.

The sniper with a bolt action rifle is just as effective indoors as a regular soldier with a bolt action rifle, which is what he was up against. He regularly missed shots up close, and it's the lack of skill and awareness from the other players that lets him get away with the **** he got away with.

Seriously, guys. Go shoot some weapons in real life before you start talking about realism.

Upvote 0
And why not? Snipers have to have good reflexes, strong breath control, and mastery over a snap shot. I think it's perfectly reasonable for a trained marksman to clear a building full of oblivious enemies like that.

You've got to be kidding. No sniper would even think about going in a CQB situation like clearing an enemy occupied building alone with a scoped bolt-action rifle. Even If he did for some insane reason, he definitely wouldn't be rushing down the halls quick-scoping like some crazed supersoldier.

Upvote 0
You've got to be kidding. No sniper would even think about going in a CQB situation like clearing an enemy occupied building alone with a scoped bolt-action rifle. Even If he did for some insane reason, he definitely wouldn't be rushing down the halls quick-scoping like some crazed supersoldier.

No one respawns in 10 seconds in real life either. It's a game. No one fears for their lives.

Upvote 0
NEVER at the lame CoD speeds we see in this game. Quick scoping was not possible in RO1.

It was in a different form, i might get in some trouble with the mods if i explained exactly how to exploit in Ost here, so i'll refrain from doing that, but suffice to say, there where ways you could bypass the free-aim system, so you could paint a dot at the center of your screen and hit exactly there every time.

And that is basically what you could do with this in HoS aswell, only even faster and even easier, so it really should be fixed ASAP.

And besides , if you do that with every rifle , with kills like you did ( from 10m away ) , its going to have the same effect...

.fail.

Ahh yes, the "since everyone can do it, it's not an exploit" argument, i must have heard it a thousand times by now.. time has not sweetened it any, though.

The fact that it could also be done with an un-scoped rifle, SMG, pistol or any firearm in the game really, does not make it a desireable or intended feature.

Free-aim was included for a reason, and thus, when players use an oversight in the code to bypass it, they are infact exploiting, and do so only to give themselves an advantage.

This should be fixed, the transition from hip to aimed should not center the weapon, it should remain in whatever free-aim offset it was in.

So you're telling me that a sniper in real life couldn't run through a building and put a bullet into those Nazis?

We are telling you that a real sniper never would.

Real combat does not play out like a hyperactive action scene from a hollywood movie, where the star sprints through a wave of bad guys and guns them down because he's just so bad-arse and skilled that he can.

That's not what soldiers do, because whilst they could potentially pull it off (yeah, crazy things can happen in reality too), it would be far more likely to get them killed than not.

Tactical play is what RO used to be all about, the game woulden't stop you from trying silly action movie stuff, no, you could try, but 9 out of 10 times it would get you killed.
It rewarded tactical play, and players who moved and fought more in accordance to real life military procedures found themselves winning, because the game was real enough that real tactics worked in the game, for the same reason they work in reality, and contrarywise, the gamey tactics where usually failing, and again for the same reasons they do in real life (it gets you killed).

But i'm not seeing that in HoS, ohh sure, it's still more tactical than a balls to the wall arcade game like the CoD series, but something's just lost here..

Upvote 0

Right, but in real life snipers don't have 5 minutes to capture an objective before they lose the opportunity to fight.

In real life, snipers die when they get shot, and retreating to fight another day is greatly preferable to trying to storm a building yourself.

In a video game, retreating to fight another day just hurts your team. There is no retreat option, and it's much better to get killed and have to respawn than waste everyone's time squatting in a corner of the map praying that the enemy doesn't find you.

Upvote 0
Tactical play is what RO used to be all about, the game woulden't stop you from trying silly action movie stuff, no, you could try, but 9 out of 10 times it would get you killed.
It rewarded tactical play, and players who moved and fought more in accordance to real life military procedures found themselves winning, because the game was real enough that real tactics worked in the game, for the same reason they work in reality, and contrarywise, the gamey tactics where usually failing, and again for the same reasons they do in real life (it gets you killed).

But i'm not seeing that in HoS, ohh sure, it's still more tactical than a balls to the wall arcade game like the CoD series, but something's just lost here..

It's worth pointing out that the map in the video, as well as the map where most of my experience in RO2 is, is Apartments, which has been repeatedly stated to be the smallest map in the game and focus entirely on CQC. The snipers aren't going to shine until they introduce some of the larger maps in the beta.

And as I said, the only reason the sniper was capable of doing this was some extraordinary ineptitude on the part of the Germans. They weren't paying attention and they suffered for it. The fact that he had a scope on his rifle had very little to do with it. A regular rifleman could have pulled that maneuver off even more easily using ironsights.

Upvote 0
We don't have snipers in this game but marksmen.

And it isn't really that hard to put bullets to someone back from 2 meters away.

Upvote 0
Who cares? The point is that quick-scoping is retarded and unrealistic and has no place in any mode of RO.

The fact that a damn sniper with a bolt-action rifle can sprint through a 3 story building and clear it out with super speed CoD quick-scoping just proves how dumbed down Red Orchestra has become.

oh i'm SORRY, but all i can read is MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMI

seriously, do you realize your way of articulation? like a little 14 year old girl whining so noisy, that noone is interested about your concerns...GOSH

and the video shows nothing, he has no advantage, just killing guys who are too lazy to turn around and shoot the guy in his face.

Upvote 0
Guys, do you even know what quick scoping is?

In games where quick scoping is prevalent, weapons use a "cone of fire" to simulate accuracy and bullet spread. This cone of fire is MASSIVE for unscoped snipers in games like Call of Duty. Since most snipers are one hit kill in those games, players found a way to get around the accuracy penalties: quick scoping.

This is NOT AN ISSUE in games like RO where bullets go pretty much wherever you point your weapon and generally kill with one hit. The exact same thing can be done with your unscoped Mosin or Kar...

Um, OP, do you know what quick-scoping is?

It's an aim assist code exploit on Call of Duty games on consoles. It does not exist in the PC code of those same games because there is no aim assist on the PC versions.

RO2 does not have aim assist or auto aim so ergo it does not have any quickscoping.

What you just saw was a dude lining up his shots from the hip and shooting as soon as the sights were drawn.

Wow. lol. Listen, I own Call of Duty 4 on the Playstation 3. I've seen quickscopers and how they play, so one day I decided to try it for myself on one of the !@#holes. All you have to do is hold ADS + primary fire and the scope automatically is aimed by the computer onto the target, it snaps onto the target essentially, and the shot registers as a hit. No PC game does this because it lacks aim assist code. The closest equivalent would be something like aimbotting, which is a deliberate hack as opposed to an exploit, which is what quickscoping is on consoles.

What you're complaining about is completely different from quickscoping as it's known among console gaming communities.
Actually, it's not aim-assist they're abusing (though it helps), quick-scoping abuses the fact that for a split second, when scoping in, the aim is perfectly centered (no sway/accuracy penalty).
In that split second your bullet will /always/ go straight to the middle of your screen. That's why a lot of quick-scopers (or idiots as I like to call them) have a little tape or something on their screen with a dot (in the center) to help them aim their "quick scope".

Anyhow, thought I'd just clarify this as people seem to think it's related to aim-assist, which there isn't in any game (besides MW2) on the PC.

I fail to see the point in this thread...

I mean , even half of those kills event actual quick-scope kills...

And besides , if you do that with every rifle , with kills like you did ( from 10m away ) , its going to have the same effect...

.fail.

Honestly, I'll never understand you people. Apparently "realistic" means that snipers are helpless within ranges of a hundred meters, people armed with SMGs are totally ineffective short of placing the barrel of the gun up the *** of another person, and anyone capable of running with any sort of expediency is a hacker.

The sniper with a bolt action rifle is just as effective indoors as a regular soldier with a bolt action rifle, which is what he was up against. He regularly missed shots up close, and it's the lack of skill and awareness from the other players that lets him get away with the **** he got away with.

Seriously, guys. Go shoot some weapons in real life before you start talking about realism.

Quoting because people don't get it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Krator
Upvote 0
Seriously what is up with kids these days ?
Everything is cod inspired or something ?

No one wants some one shooting like that on a server.
While an enemy MG is mowing down your comrades, you'll be changing classes very quickly.
I f you can't handle the marks man class don't pick it.
It maybe a beta, once released lets see wat the maps will bring us.

They have FF for those kind of things.

Reactions: V.Medvedev
Upvote 0
let me know a thing, do you think that doing like a video is possible in real life? i mean.....is possible going in ironsight so fast and so well or it should be slower? :confused:

I'm sure some lesser-experienced arcade-kiddy will disagree, but you'd never be able to perform as many quick consecutive scope-up's as well as he did in that video.

The scope almost immediately becomes 'square' with your eyes and offers a perfect view straight away with no real light distortion or visibility penalty - something that just isn't really true to life.

Whether you want to see this in game or not is up to you, personally I don't want to see this. The sniper, if used correctly not just for the sake of your own score but for your team's efforts 200m ahead of you, is one of the most influential roles in the game. Given that a sniper should be in a good vantage point overlooking an objective or known enemy route and away from immediate danger, I feel the scope-up time should be increased with either a slight animation slow-down or an extra clever little animation such as a fake turn of the scope's ranging.

Upvote 0