• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bodies don't respond to bullets after death...

CapitalistDog

Aug 31, 2011
I just noticed that bodies don't respond to being hit after they're dead. I sprayed a guy with an MG and only like the first 3 bullets registered, then the rest just penetrate his body as if it isn't even there.

Personally, i think it'd add to the immersion if all of the bullets registered, even after the player is dead.

Not a big deal, just a thought that occurred to me while playing. :eek:

I don't get the 'It would make the server laggier bla bla bla" . If it is client side, there wouldn't be any problem, since is your own machine the one that needs to process those few more bullets.

It's like the 'make bodies last longer' option you got on games like counter strike, and that not affects the server at all but only you; so it would be up to the user decision.

Upvote 0
Learn how games work. Bodies shouldn't react to bullets after death. If they did. The server would lag like bloody crazy or most likely crash. Alternatively, if programmed differently, you could be shot whilst hiding behind a body thinking your safe (which you wouldn't anyway).

Upvote 0