• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Annoying constant map changing !

enys

Aug 31, 2011
OK OK I understand 3 maps only and no dedicated servers in browser and stats and what not, I'm fine with that!

BUT!

I hate running aroud for 10min and then *BOOM* mapchange!

The the very last winning kill is such an anti-climax, you practically shoot him and everything holds and glitches and any1 barely know what happened.

Where are all the epic sieges that last hours and hours?

Where are 24/7 maps without rotation?

I have seen more LOADING SCREEN than actual gameplay in this beta... its more like a demo.

/sign if you agree

hmm 10 minutes?? everytime I play Teritory apartments, the map is over after 2-5 minutes because of that crap lockdown thing, after that the map starts for a second round which lasts for another 2-5 minutes, then a NEW map comes, often Fallen Fighters Territory where you have to play for far longer. I havent seen lockdown there.

Why the hell is LOCKDOWN on apartments, its completly ruining the game because the russians are forced to take the first 2 objectives in the first minutes of the game :( crap lockdown

Upvote 0
Yeah that bit bothers me too, but picture it this way: The Russian team is pretty much kaputt if they cap both bridge objectives and then lose them. Losing both of the first two objectives seems to be the only way to initiate the Lockdown counter.

But I genuinely dislike the short duration of Firefight matches. Server admins need to jack up the time limits and score limits.

Upvote 0
Yeah that bit bothers me too, but picture it this way: The Russian team is pretty much kaputt if they cap both bridge objectives and then lose them. Losing both of the first two objectives seems to be the only way to initiate the Lockdown counter.

But I genuinely dislike the short duration of Firefight matches. Server admins need to jack up the time limits and score limits.

I agree, Firefight mode is 5 minutes, thats crap, should be around 15 at least.

Upvote 0
I do feel they are a little short... it seems the only matches that last a decent while are the tank matches.

Everything else just seems to fly by way too quickly and very little chance of running out of reinforcements.

Sure some of the Mod/RO1 maps could last way too long, but some of them were fun that way..... I wouldn't mind something in the middle.

The other thing I'm not too fond of is the matches where you cap something, the music plays, then you're all automatically dropped somewhere else to start over again, where in the past you could lose an objective, yet still fall back to the next or already be at the next waiting for the offensive..... but it just resets and you have to do it all over again.

I think those are the Fire Fight matches..... when the game is released, I'll probably stay away from those matches, cuz by the time I get to where I need to go to setup, I'm shot & killed without getting a round off and then just sit there the rest of the time doing nothing.... it's that kind of gameplay that makes me avoid Counter-Strike.

But to each their own.

Upvote 0
Agreed. 4-5 Minutes. Completely kills the mood, Especially when the RO1 'like' Game mode is only 5 minutes long and in RO1 games lasted 30minutes to an hour! Also the random Switching sides on Countdown?

I Wonder if its just a server setting if so please add the filter option!

I agree, Firefight mode is 5 minutes, thats crap, should be around 15 at least.

Fire fight gamemodes shouldnt have time limits just the Kill score. which should be a 2000 not 800

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was not too impressed with apartments myself, both on the German and the Russian side. If you get an entire team that does not move forward you will lose.

I saw what was happening with my team camping, so I rushed through a hail of bullets, took the first building across the bridge, circled around dispatched 15 Germans to a celestial dirt nap, ran out of ammo, picked up a German machine gun, 25 more kills until I was carrying so many bullets in me that I could have weighed down an ocean-liner, in less than 3 min I had 40 kills, and my team was still sitting on the other side of the bridge trying to figure out why there were no Germans attacking.

On the German side, Once I sat a machine gun up, nothing that was in my field of view made it through, it was just an absolute blood bath, no smoke, no grenades and had not one of my team mates that was camping in the back of the map with a sniper rifle, not shot me in the back of the head, I would have had more kills.

Upvote 0
.... so I rushed through a hail of bullets, took the first building across the bridge, circled around dispatched 15 Germans to a celestial dirt nap, ran out of ammo, picked up a German machine gun, 25 more kills until I was carrying so many bullets in me that I could have weighed down an ocean-liner, in less than 3 min I had 40 kills, and my team was still sitting on the other side of the bridge trying to figure out why there were no Germans attacking.

On the German side, Once I sat a machine gun up, nothing that was in my field of view made it through, it was just an absolute blood bath, no smoke, no grenades and had not one of my team mates that was camping in the back of the map with a sniper rifle, not shot me in the back of the head, I would have had more kills.

And I caught a fish..... THIS BIG!..... but it slipped out of my hands and got away

Show off :D ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So its not just me?

I am used to play DOD:S on Donner where the map never rotates or reaches a loading screen, and its quite common that neither axis nor allies wins any territory for several hours... but I'm having fun because I can play for a whole day without being disturbed!

I prefer deadlocked situations where every soldier is forced to forget about his ego and sacrifice himself for the team, like warfare sessions in ArmA/flashpoint which last a whole day.

I understand this is RO2 and a very different game, I'm just telling you where I'm coming from and what I expect (I'm not a casual CoD gamer ok!).

--------------end of *****ing---------------

OK positive feedback!
Weapons are brutal in this game, they are accurate and deadly just what I expect from a fps, thank you for not making stupid exp points pop up all the time when I bust bolshevik heads with my schmeisser!
Also wonderful maps, your mapper(s) is a pro, and the many dynamic objectives that pop up is an innovative way to deal with camping, kudos to that.
New order system is brilliant! Scope tweaking is perfect! German/Russian trashtalk is priceless!

<3 RO2 I just want more of it :D

Upvote 0
So its not just me?

I am used to play DOD:S on Donner where the map never rotates or reaches a loading screen, and its quite common that neither axis nor allies wins any territory for several hours... but I'm having fun because I can play for a whole day without being disturbed!

I prefer deadlocked situations where every soldier is forced to forget about his ego and sacrifice himself for the team, like warfare sessions in ArmA/flashpoint which last a whole day.

I understand this is RO2 and a very different game, I'm just telling you where I'm coming from and what I expect (I'm not a casual CoD gamer ok!).

--------------end of *****ing---------------

OK positive feedback!
Weapons are brutal in this game, they are accurate and deadly just what I expect from a fps, thank you for not making stupid exp points pop up all the time when I bust bolshevik heads with my schmeisser!
Also wonderful maps, your mapper(s) is a pro, and the many dynamic objectives that pop up is an innovative way to deal with camping, kudos to that.
New order system is brilliant! Scope tweaking is perfect! German/Russian trashtalk is priceless!

<3 RO2 I just want more of it :D

i Agree Completely with YOU ^^ im also a Arma 2 player and i feel the same way.

Upvote 0
And I caught a fish..... THIS BIG!..... but it slipped out of my hands and got away

Show off :D ;)

Nah, it was very early and I could tell that my team was going to suck.. there was a bunch of chatter on the coms with things being said like, "so what button is prone?" and what sounded like a 10 year old screaming some rage thing like "OH JESUS CHRIST WHY *indecipherable* I HATE THIS *bad language I KEEP GETTING SHOT, I'M GOING BACK TO CALL OF DUTY *more bad language HOW DO I SET A KILL STEAK IN THIS GAME SO I CAN CALL IN SOME MORTARS!!!" but my favorite was the one that was running out of spawn while firing his PPSh killing half of my team. Everyone hollered HURAHHHHH, followed by moans of agony, luckily I was behind him.

Upvote 0
I was not too impressed with apartments myself, both on the German and the Russian side. If you get an entire team that does not move forward you will lose.

I saw what was happening with my team camping, so I rushed through a hail of bullets, took the first building across the bridge, circled around dispatched 15 Germans to a celestial dirt nap, ran out of ammo, picked up a German machine gun, 25 more kills until I was carrying so many bullets in me that I could have weighed down an ocean-liner, in less than 3 min I had 40 kills, and my team was still sitting on the other side of the bridge trying to figure out why there were no Germans attacking.

You da MAN tough guy!

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Maybe the lock-down could be changed to something else than ending the match, like giving the defender extra reinforcements or something. I think it's kinda nice that the defender gets rewarded for successful defense but ending the match outright is kinda lame.

That's actually a good idea, and I'd prefer that as well. It will obviously give the defending team an advantage, but won't shut the game down and the attackers would still have a chance to win, even if they started off bad.

At the very least, even if it made sure the defenders won in the end, the match would last long enough to be more enjoyable and also give players more time to rack up some points for a promotion or weapon upgrade... as it seems right now, it doesn't total your overall kills for upgrade, but just the round.

One more thing... your above suggestion would not even remove the lock down feature totally, as having the defenders earn extra reinforcements is still a good incentive for the attackers to rush foward and press the attack

Upvote 0