• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Difference from Realism and Standard?

wazups2x

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 30, 2011
steamcommunity.com
Can someone explain to me the exact differences from the modes? I've joined both types of servers but I'm not spotting the differences.

I swear the server browser is messed up or something. Because when I filter for relaxed and join a relaxed server there's no killcam or anything different (that I notice) from the realism servers.

Last edited:
Riflemen have no pistols in realism.

Hmm... that means there's definitely something wrong with the server browser then. Because the so called "relaxed" server I joined, riflemen didn't have pistols.

I even filtered the servers for relaxed only and made sure the server I joined was the star symbol, aka relaxed.

This is something that needs to be fixed. It's impossible find the servers I want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Demonic Spoon
Upvote 0
:confused:
I joined a realism server which had pistols for riflemen (to my dismay...)

I must be unlucky, or too excited and I clicked on the wrong server prior to joining :rolleyes:

EDIT:
Or was I dreaming? Maybe I never even played the beta...

No, I think it's just that the server browser is glitched and labels the servers wrong. It's very annoying.

Upvote 0
I thought realism was the standard:confused: not this relaxed stuff

Not according to Ramm-Jaeger.
4) How in depth will the Custom mode filter be? Can we select our filter to only show Custom mode servers, and then further specify the filter to show Custom mode servers with no unlocks?
You can filter by "Standard", "Realistic", and "Custom". We may look at adding some additional filtering features should they be needed post release.

Upvote 0