• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Difference between Relaxed and Realism?

The devs have said that Zoom is here to stay, if you dont like using it, turn it off. If you dont like people using it against you, host a server and implement a mutator that disables it for everyone . You have the freedom to do whatever you want with this game, so stop trying to push it back into the Ostfront mold.

read my first post. :)

Upvote 0
Has anyone else noticed that the Carebear defenders have high rep, and the purists low rep? This should be evidence enough for the direction the game is going.

Sorry guys, RO has gone the same way as society has. Everything handed to you, and soft as a fresh made plushy.

The only hope for people wanting a gaming experience is for a mod to come out. I don't like it either, but it is reality.

Upvote 0
My shooting can only get better, not worse so I disagree. I'll still be a good shot - but so will everyone else. This will change the flow of the gameplay to a massive extent in RO2 compared to RO1, battles will flow much differently. It simply doesn't take as much skill to hit the target any more. This is irrefutably true.

Pixel hunting isn't a skill. Firing your weapon--particularly rifles--at long ranges was artificially difficult in Ostfront because the field of view did not model human vision correctly and targets at even short-medium ranges looked like they were much farther away. RO2 has all this corrected. The problem we have no is that map ranges (at least for the two infantry maps in the beta) are still scaled for Ostfront so hitting targets is easy. Contrary to what Ostfront would have you believe, hitting targets reliably at 200m with a rifle is not that difficult.

Upvote 0