• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Difference between Relaxed and Realism?

Darrosquall

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
As title. I'd like to hear that in realism:
- Zoom in iron sight OFF.
- Manual Reloading for weapon.
- Movement slower when stamina is over.
- No secondary weapon

I'm watching justin tv now. If not, what is the difference between two mode?I hope that Tripwire create a standard for a gameplay closer to Ostfront. Custom mod is not a solution.

- No secondary weapon

I'm watching justin tv now. If not, what is the difference between two mode?I hope that Tripwire create a standard for a gameplay closer to Ostfront. Custom mod is not a solution.

This

Upvote 0
- No secondary weapon

Out of your 4 points, having played in a realism server this morning I can confirm that:

- Zoom in iron sight is ON
- Reloading is still a client-side option and is NOT forced on in realism
- Movement is not slowed upon stamina being lost, you merely can't sprint until you gain some like in RO1 - this happens quicker than in RO1 though I think
- I only played as rifleman and marksman. Rifleman had no secondary weapon (although perhaps I must 'unlock' it?). Marksman DOES have a side-arm, just like most maps in RO1.

EDIT: If by secondary weapon, you mean picking up a weapon so you have 2x primary, then I don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zoom has been debated over and over again. It's there to stay. I don't know why you want this to feel more like Ostfront, because right now it feels more fluid and lifelike than Ostfront ever did.

Also, cheesypoofs!

It's not the zoom alone that bothers me so much, Xendance. It's the fact that all aiming mechanics combined, hitting the target has never been easier in a RO game. (Reduced weapon sway, zooming, breathe holding for rock-steady gun)

Upvote 0
It's not the zoom alone that bothers me so much, Xendance. It's the fact that all aiming mechanics combined, hitting the target has never been easier in a RO game. (Reduced weapon sway, zooming, breathe holding for rock-steady gun)

Well, the ranges are quite short too, the distance accross the park on Fallen Fighters is something like 200 meters. That considered I think the aiming is fine.

Upvote 0
Well, the ranges are quite short too, the distance accross the park on Fallen Fighters is something like 200 meters. That considered I think the aiming is fine.

As I've said in other threads, I'll be giving it much more time before I'm decided. I've certainly not fell in love the way I did I first played RO years and years ago when it was still a beta mod.

I've went from having a pretty decent shot in RO1 to being Vassily Zaitzev in RO2, some people might like that - I don't.

Reactions: daschewy
Upvote 0

Yeah, having shot my mosin at 100 yards and being quite accurate without any formal training or regular practice, the aiming is somewhat on. I only wish there was SOME slight weapon sway, because your muscles do have small involuntary movements that will cause a tad bit of shaking, and lots if you're out of breath.

Upvote 0
I dont see the point why disable the zoom makes the game more realistic. Its more the other way around.

Auto relaod is another thing. That would make sense.

Stamina is ok. In RO1 it was way to low. (Maybe it was realistic for someone who only sites infront of a pc :) but a soldier, come on.

At the movement speed I am not sure, need to play a few more days until I could judge that.

Secondary weapon is ok but it should take longer to pick up guns and especially ammo and frags (In real life you can pick up a gun fast, but for ammo and frags you need to search the body.)

Upvote 0
As I've said in other threads, I'll be giving it much more time before I'm decided. I've certainly not fell in love the way I did I first played RO years and years ago when it was still a beta mod.

I've went from having a pretty decent shot in RO1 to being Vassily Zaitzev in RO2, some people might like that - I don't.
Pretty sure you won't be a vassily zaitsev anymore when people get the hang of the game.

Upvote 0
- No secondary weapon

- Zoom has a client side option. If you dont like get rid of it.
- Same as zoom, client side option.
- Movement speed is fine for me.
- Why not, you cant pick up a weapon on the battlefield ? It also affects your speed and stamina.

Upvote 0
- I only played as rifleman and marksman. Rifleman had no secondary weapon (although perhaps I must 'unlock' it?). Marksman DOES have a side-arm, just like most maps in RO1.

EDIT: If by secondary weapon, you mean picking up a weapon so you have 2x primary, then I don't know.

You're right, I wasn't been clear. I was referring to the handgun for Strelok and Shultze for German.

So then, what is the NOW, at this moment, difference between "standard" and realism? I didn't catch it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're right, I wasn't clear. I was referring to the handgun for Strelok and Shultze for German.

So then, what is the NOW, at this moment, difference between "standard" and realism? I didn't catch it.

Thing I noticed having watched gameplay videos of relaxed:

- No 'radar'
- No 'kill-cam' (showing you the direction you were killed from)
- Friendly names only appear above heads in a fashion similar to that of RO1
- If schutze/strelok get a side-arm by default in relaxed then this is a difference.
- I'm unsure if class limits are different, distribution of classes seemed to be similar to RO1 in the game I was in.

I think the differences are largely aesthetic.

Game-mechanics wise they are identical.

Upvote 0
RO2 isn't a single player game, rules and possibilities must be the same for everyone.

The devs have said that Zoom is here to stay, if you dont like using it, turn it off. If you dont like people using it against you, host a server and implement a mutator that disables it for everyone. You have the freedom to do whatever you want with this game, so stop trying to push it back into the Ostfront mold.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure you won't be a vassily zaitsev anymore when people get the hang of the game.

My shooting can only get better, not worse so I disagree. I'll still be a good shot - but so will everyone else. This will change the flow of the gameplay to a massive extent in RO2 compared to RO1, battles will flow much differently. It simply doesn't take as much skill to hit the target any more. This is irrefutably true.

Upvote 0