• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Throwing Grenades Back?

Wasn't cod the first one correctly implementing iron sights?

Honestly, and this might be a big shocker, but I have not played any COD except for the first one. I can't even remember if it had leaning, or iron sights.

But honestly, Echo Black... it's just my opinion man. I can see that you are trying to troll my responses... relax brosif. If they put in the throwing grenades back, hell I might enjoy it after seeing it in action.

Upvote 0
I see some points for letting it in, namely, in some situations where you are faced with a desperate situation, it would be beneficial, teaching newer enemy players to cook their nades properly, and saving a capture point by grabbing a nade and running off with it to die. And while I see the benefitting sides, I can also see one giant negative side to adding it. DeRanking through TK because the nade you picked up, is now yours, and you get your teammates killed right next to you. That alone should be enough of a deterrent to scramble to grab any and all grenades landing near your cover, yet still give you to option to try and valiantly save your squad from death.

Character Progression: Players can gain experience and rank. Higher ranked players have access to rare weapons, equipment and classes. Higher ranked players are visually distinct from lower ranked players. If you do poorly, for example tk a lot you can rank down.

Just make it so that when you pick up the grenade, any death from it now counts to you, and if you pick up a grenade when surrounded by your allies, you can take the punishment. Your squad is dead, but by picking it up, you denied the enemy player points for killing your entire squad, and instead sacrificed your own progression.

Upvote 0
Exhibit no. 1:
Originally Posted by =GG= Mr Moe
Very very bizzare. Last night I dreamed I was at the Russian front and I lost count of how many grenades I threw back. My arm actually got sore in the dream.

Strange :eek:

Exhibit no. 2:

bw9zgo92zrqs1g68f.jpg

Conclusions:

Connect the ***-damn dots.

Yay! this would be so cool if it's in! I hope it's true!

Upvote 0
Geez, its a good thing I don't post about some of my other weird dreams, you guys read into things too much :p

It's like an isolated tribe. They know nothing about some things and see everything as signs and connect non-existing dots.

wondering if this situation would be here long enough, if a religion will sprout here also...

[Or gets incorporated in IS2ism]

Upvote 0
Gentlemen. I do believe we have it confirmed. 11 minutes, 45 seconds in.

Exclusive Red Orchestra 2 Early Beta Footage - July 2011 - YouTube

First: watch how the German MG-gunner gets the grenade thrown on top of him and how he reaches (or something similar) for it. Then; the kill icon and the fact that the player who first threw it (Ohmwrecker) gets killed by an F1 grenade, but it shows somebody else as the killer. And considering where the blast emanates from, I find it very unlikely to have been any other grenade than the one he threw himself, at the German. But the grenade obviously moved, since he should not have been killed by it from where it first dropped.

However unlikely, I guess there's a tiny possibility that the grenade belonged to a team-mate or to a German who scavenged it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
However unlikely, I guess there's a tiny possibility that the grenade belonged to a team-mate.

Notafinger's name appears in red, not blue, in the kill message. He, a Russian, must've thrown the grenade that killed Ohmwrecker, also a Russian. I think he killed the German, too, but friendly kills don't show up in the upper right corner anymore in RO2.

That is, however, a situation where it would have been the perfect solution for the German to throw the first F1 back. Enemies outside the room at both exits, and a live grenade literally sitting at his side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Notafinger's name appears in red, not blue, in the kill message. He, a Russian, must've thrown the grenade that killed Ohmwrecker, also a Russian.
[...]

Are you sure about this? I know it's the case in Ostfront, but in the RO2 gameplay videos I see plenty of green - as well as red - nametags on teammates.

But yes; you are right that the situation is a perfect example of when throwing back grenades would be very useful as well as logical.

I guess we'll just have to wait for them to open the Beta floodgates to find out details like this. ^^

Upvote 0
I actually disagree, not because I think it would not be a nice feature, but because it will most likely result in more people trying to run at the grenade and throw it somewhere, possibly making the situation worse. Also, in CoD, the grenade throwing rarely actually worked because you would normally start running around frantically trying to find it on the floor and right when you finally find it, pick it up, and then BOOM! explodes in your face.

If it was to be in-game, it would have to be really well implemented, and like someone said, to actually make you have to look at the grenade, press a button to pick it up and then throw it, would take way too long.

It would maybe be a nice feature, but I think the game would be better off without it :eek:

Ok, I've seen a lot of guys using the argument that it happened in WW2 and in other wars...Sure, it happened, but the fact that guys are being awarded the medal of honor...A very high honor...for throwing a grenade shows that it wasn't very common.

And someone was throwing this around
Realism > Gameplay
The above depends on your damn preference, it is NOT some sort of ultimate truth. If you like realism way more than gameplay you can go play a military simulator like ARMA.

It WOULD be a cool feature, but if it would be detrimental to the gameplay, which i personally think it would, it should not be in the game. If it would not affect the gameplay in a big, bad way, then it should be fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0