• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one and only "Can I run this game" thread

or here is another one,buy 30-50 bucks cpu cooler and OC to 3.0ghz,organize your tower cooling,maeby add few 120mm heavy duty fans.make sure when you organise you get cool air in and hot air out from it.

I have a nice liquid cooler idle temps at 28-30,48-55 on 100% load. I've never overclocked before, Can I run it without overclocking and still get a good framerate on low settings?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes, on low

I have a nice liquid cooler idle temps at 28-30,48-55 on 100% load. I've never overclocked before, Can I run it without overclocking and still get a good framerate on low settings?
probably yes,but a lil OC wont hurth ur CPU much and you will notice less hickups,i went from 3.2 to 4.0 thats 0.8 OC and yes there is a difference in whatever i do,my temps are at 30 idle and 50ish under load with prime95.

I have a Asus G71 Republic of Gamers laptop. Specs:

Quad-core QX9300 (2.53 GHz)
4gb RAM
Geforce 9700m GT
Windows 7 x64

I'm kinda worried about the GPU, will it be enough at least for medium details?
not sure of medium 100%,but if not full medium maeby most of the settings on medium and few on low,you got good CPU just your gpu is sort of weak.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtVandelay
Upvote 0
Am I able to run HOS with an on board graphics card?

SPECS:
Intel HD Graphics
1.7GB RAM
Pixel/Vertex Shader Versions: 4.0

All other specs exceed the recommended requirements posted on Steam.
no,you need dedicated graphics card and way more ram than that,ram is cheap now,get 4gb ram and 6870 if you cant afford better GPU,or get GTX 560,they are both same performance level.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8GHz)

Processor Main Features: 64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor: 4 x 512KB L2

Cache Memory: 4GB (2GB x 2) DDR3 1333

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB

I'm okay on everything except the graphics, Anyone know if a 6870 card would do okay on HOS ? I got my eye on one but it's Direct x 11, Is this okay ?
6870 would do way better than the 5570,with the 5570 your set at strong medium,but 6870 should let you play on high.

This is the rig im getting, probably going to order it tomorrow.

Proccessor: Intel Core I5-2500K 3.3G 6M LGA1155

Motherboard: ASUS S1155 H61 DDR3 USB2.0 8-CH ATX

RAM: 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Kit

Graphics card: ASUS GTX560 DCII OC PCIE 1GB GDDR5

PSU: CORSAIR GS PSU 800W 14CM V2.3 80+

Harddrive: SEA BARRACUDA GREEN 2TB SATA3 5.9K 64MB

I might throw in a SSD on that for the money i get for turning in my old stuff. So yeah i wonder how good the game will run on this, im a total noob at the moment regarding PC parts.
ON HIGH!!!

Operating System
MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3
CPU
AMD Athlon II X3 445 33

Reactions: Demogorgon
Upvote 0
Hello there,
I preordered RO2 and was wondering which CPU should I upgrade to. My config atm is:

Asrock N68-s
3gb ram DDR2 800Mhz
HD5770 1GB

And I'm pretty low on budget as you can guess. Still I have to choose between a Phenom II and Athlon II processor. Now, without the L3 cache, how much difference would it make to have the Athlon instead of the Phenom in your game (as the Athlon is considerabily cheaper). And how will the game run @1080p?

Upvote 0
Hello there,
I was wondering if my PC with a CPU upgrade could manage to run RO2 smoothly at 1080p.

MoBo AsRock N-68s
3GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz
HD 5770 1GB
CPUs I have to choose:

Phenom II X4 925 or 945
Athlon II X4 640

Athlon is considerabily cheaper, I was curious how much performance hit would be not to have the L3 cache.

Upvote 0
can i run it, albeit on minimum? i'm trying hard to get money for a new rig, but in the meantime i'd love to play! (still havent preordered due to not knowing if it'll run, since best case scenario new rig only in october :( )

geforce 9500m gs 512mb

core duo t5750 2 ghz

3gb ram

windows 7

please, pleaseeeeee say it'll run...i'll preorder this instant...but somehow i'm not feeling it :(

Upvote 0
I am quite computer savvy, yet I need opinions on whether this system will be able to run the game at a consistent framerate due to my CPU bottleneck.

CPU : Core i3 330m (2.13Ghz) , 2 cores, 4 threads
RAM : 4GB DDR3
GPU : ATI 5650M 1GB

I usually have issues when it comes to draw distance. Example, I can run TF2 on practically max, but in instances of heavy fighting or long draw distances, the framerate dips to the 20s. Haven't played many UE3 games so Im not sure if my CPU will hold me back a lot (though Rainbow Six Vegas 2, a UE3 game, runs practically perfectly on max)

Upvote 0
I am quite computer savvy, yet I need opinions on whether this system will be able to run the game at a consistent framerate due to my CPU bottleneck.

CPU : Core i3 330m (2.13Ghz) , 2 cores, 4 threads
RAM : 4GB DDR3
GPU : ATI 5650M 1GB

I usually have issues when it comes to draw distance. Example, I can run TF2 on practically max, but in instances of heavy fighting or long draw distances, the framerate dips to the 20s. Haven't played many UE3 games so Im not sure if my CPU will hold me back a lot (though Rainbow Six Vegas 2, a UE3 game, runs practically perfectly on max)
ur held by both the cpu and gpu,but u should be fine for low settings

Upvote 0
Hi there, like so many others i wonder if I can run this at a medium settings. Canyourunit says I pass minimum specs even though I don't have dual core. I suspect that it may be because it sees hyperthreading as 2 processors, not sure there.

Anyway my specs are

CPU: intel pentium 4 3Ghz
Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600M Kingston
GPU: Ati 5850 1Gb

Upvote 0