• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Ad.

Upvote 0
Well see that is the funny thing, pre-orders usually are really high initially, tail off a bit, then spike back up at launch. RO2 has been on pre-order for weeks, while MW3 pre-orders just started and they are still in their initial "big spike" of pre-sales, yes still are less than RO2. It is actually kind of surprising to me.

You're surprised a ****ty game sells better than a good one?
Me too actually, because that's what most people like: ****. That's why they go to the theater to see movies that are all the same since 1970, yeah you know the kind where in the end the main character gets shot but 2 minutes later we """""find out"""" that thank God, he's only hurt to the shoulder, or he had some iron whatever stuff that he always kept close to his heart.
That's also why they buy the same Cod game over and over even though it's a piece of **** to begin with (yes even Cod4), and it's the same game than last year, they just changed the walls place and repainted them a bit.

Still, Cod always sells way more on consoles than PC.
Because most console players never heard of stuff like Gamescom or E3 or whatever, they just buy what they're used to buy, or what's advertised all day long on TV.

Upvote 0
Never said it was wasting money, just was saying it must be like burning through piles of cash, but turns out its free. Funny as it is probably the most effective ad!

Ah, I interpreted burning money as wasting money:eek:
I was surprised too that it was free, didn't expect that since they could ask money for it. And if they could, I expected them to do that:D

Upvote 0
Nobody pays to have those ads up on Steam, Valve puts the games there that they think are worthy.

And the pre-sales are great so far -notice RO2 is beating MW3 in pre-sales :)

Great for you guys and IMO (going from RO) well deserved.

I cant wait to get my hands on the real game and to learn all about the game ...
oh in case your wondering you know what might appease some fans until release is the instruction book (hoping they have info about weapons and 'perks') (hint hint)

Upvote 0
Me too actually, because that's what most people like: ****. That's why they go to the theater to see movies that are all the same since 1970, yeah you know the kind where in the end the main character gets shot but 2 minutes later we """""find out"""" that thank God, he's only hurt to the shoulder, or he had some iron whatever stuff that he always kept close to his heart.
That's also why they buy the same Cod game over and over even though it's a piece of **** to begin with (yes even Cod4), and it's the same game than last year, they just changed the walls place and repainted them a bit.

Because most console players never heard of stuff like Gamescom or E3 or whatever, they just buy what they're used to buy, or what's advertised all day long on TV.

chill yo :IS2:

Upvote 0
Most people I know go to a supermarket to buy games because they are dirt cheap there. So they won't pre-order modern warfare 3 from a website. They will queue up at a store for hours though.

for Australia the game is 99 USD, the highest priced game on steam.

tho at retail the game is 120 RRP and will remain until late next year.

RO2 at 35 is a steal, better than 99 at retail we are most likely going to see, if at all.

Reactions: Zoring
Upvote 0
for Australia the game is 99 USD, the highest priced game on steam.

tho at retail the game is 120 RRP and will remain until late next year.

RO2 at 35 is a steal, better than 99 at retail we are most likely going to see, if at all.

Well, they saw that they could put out a broken game (Black Ops), charge $60 for it, then over the course of a year charge $15 a pop for several crappy, 4-map packages that you can't really play on most servers without. I guess they figure that if people are already used to paying a total of $100+ to play their game, they'll be dumb enough to pay that up front.

I hope they find out that they're wrong.

Upvote 0

They're usually called casual gamers. :)

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0