• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

By the way in a post from before-someone said that the beta maybe be on 22nd of august,which is not possible.Beta test have to be announced some time befote they happen so guys I do believe that soon Tripwire will announce another delay about the game,just think about it and you will see that what I am sayin' could be the thruth.And since we do not get any info and nobody is watchin' this topic-the posts here are really pointless.I thought that Tripwire could be a lot more than just a company that doesn't care for it's customers,but in our times-that is what we get ;)

Upvote 0
How long do you expect the beta to go for???

You say that they don't care for us, yet how come the entire point of RO2 is listening to the community to see what is already a fantastic game and make it into an amazing game. There is so much more stuff coming with this sequal.

Again, there are still 3 weeks to go! Unless your time goes faster than everyone elses, that is a LONG time.

There's this thing called Patience. It really helps in lots of situations!

Upvote 0
By the way in a post from before-someone said that the beta maybe be on 22nd of august,which is not possible.Beta test have to be announced some time befote they happen so guys I do believe that soon Tripwire will announce another delay about the game,just think about it and you will see that what I am sayin' could be the thruth.And since we do not get any info and nobody is watchin' this topic-the posts here are really pointless.I thought that Tripwire could be a lot more than just a company that doesn't care for it's customers,but in our times-that is what we get ;)

Do you happen to know a guy called alfred einstein on the steam forums?

Upvote 0
yes but the BETA date is not changed and i think it should be at least 1 week before release, so tomorrow fits.......

Well i pre ordered it a couple of days ago (Deluxe Edition) and to not have a Release date on steam this close to launch is kinda bad form.

Also when the hell is the beta? Feel like i blew $39 by getting this abit to early.

Reactions: Mcfly
Upvote 0
Want an Answer to the Beta Date!!!

Want an Answer to the Beta Date!!!

Its very simple Tripwire is not giving us answers! While the game being set back is not a problem for me. It does piss me off when all we are asking for is some simple info on when they plan to let us play the "beta" for those of us that shelled out extra bucks to do so. As long as people sit in the forums and ***** nothing will happen they have our money already. But we can all start cancelling our orders, no need for them to get the extra bucks out of us. That doesn't mean pre-order the regular version either. Let them sit and sweat it out. I'm sure many will lose interest all together since other game are being released, and maybe our hard earned bucks should go there. After all you can still pre order up to the day before release. But I'm sure Tripwire CFO will not like seeing a ton of cancellations. And if you don't do it don't ***** about it anymore on the forums because its gotten you nowhere.

Upvote 0
Yes this sounds like a good idea,I believe I may do this since a lot of money were spend for the option to play the beta to which we do not have any info and I am getting pretty tired of people bull****ing us about every product we buy.if we do not do anything about this game developers won't feel any threat and they can keep screwing with us all they like.

Reactions: Mcfly
Upvote 0
Its very simple Tripwire is not giving us answers! While the game being set back is not a problem for me. It does piss me off when all we are asking for is some simple info on when they plan to let us play the "beta" for those of us that shelled out extra bucks to do so. As long as people sit in the forums and ***** nothing will happen they have our money already. But we can all start cancelling our orders, no need for them to get the extra bucks out of us. That doesn't mean pre-order the regular version either. Let them sit and sweat it out. I'm sure many will lose interest all together since other game are being released, and maybe our hard earned bucks should go there. After all you can still pre order up to the day before release. But I'm sure Tripwire CFO will not like seeing a ton of cancellations. And if you don't do it don't ***** about it anymore on the forums because its gotten you nowhere.

I agree with this. I cancelled my pre-order. After all, a lot of publishers offer beta playtime as an incentive to pre-order, but at regular price, not at an extra price. I had paid extra to play the beta, and was given no information on when it was coming, or for how long it would last. That's pretty remarkable... and what's worse, simply asking about it makes the fanboys on this forum want to suck out our eyes and feast on our kidneys. They act like cult devotees and they act as though WE'RE being unreasonable. Some are self-righteous, one guy said that he paid extra just to support the devs... well, call me crazy, but I give my charity to the poor, sick, and hungry, not to for-profit enterprise.

I admire the work these developers do, but if they want to profit from me or others, then they should treat us with respect. I'm not asking for an ***-kissing, I'm asking for information.

Reactions: Trooper13
Upvote 0
Less QQ and more pew pew people. Not to flame but the more I read these types of forums the more I think we have a spoiled youth. I mean I spend most of my time in front of the screen because it's part of my profession but kids, go outside.

"They are screwing us out of our hard earned dollars." because of 2 weeks? jesus...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with this. I cancelled my pre-order. After all, a lot of publishers offer beta playtime as an incentive to pre-order, but at regular price, not at an extra price. I had paid extra to play the beta, and was given no information on when it was coming, or for how long it would last. That's pretty remarkable... and what's worse, simply asking about it makes the fanboys on this forum want to suck out our eyes and feast on our kidneys. They act like cult devotees and they act as though WE'RE being unreasonable. Some are self-righteous, one guy said that he paid extra just to support the devs... well, call me crazy, but I give my charity to the poor, sick, and hungry, not to for-profit enterprise.

I admire the work these developers do, but if they want to profit from me or others, then they should treat us with respect. I'm not asking for an ***-kissing, I'm asking for information.

I'm just as frustrated with the lack of info as the next person, but come on, the melodrama around this forum is getting ridiculous.

Call me a fanboy if you want but how many other publishers would give you a discount right off the bat for being a previous customer? I can't think of many. What would be "regular price" to you? Last I checked, we were paying less than most games sell for these days. Nobody forced you to pre-order without the amount of information available that you feel is sufficient so you have nobody to blame but yourself if you don't feel what you've received is adequate seeing as there is the same amount of information out now as there was when the pre-orders opened up. Also, you don't seem to understand that the beta was part of the pre-order package, not the sole package itself, there are other perks included that were included in the price. You act as if they're withholding information on purpose just because they don't want to be bothered telling us when in actuality it's more probable that they don't want to give information out that isn't 100% concrete, coincidentally, to avoid posts just like the one you made if the information turns out to be wrong again (if I remember right one of the devs has said as much somewhere on the forums already). I was disappointed the game was delayed, and I too wish we had more information but lets be realistic here, the final month before the release of a game is an extremely busy time, moreso when the game has already been delayed and there is a large amount of pressure to deliver the game on time on the new date.

If you feel that strongly about it, cancel your pre-order and move on, you don't have to tell everybody on the forums. It just adds to the spam and it's not going to make the beta come out any faster.

Upvote 0
Well, according to the Gamescom footage just recently posted, the beta should be out now, or very soon, which suggests tommorow is highly likely.
you are right. As far as ive seen, the game looks pretty playable to me. they could just release the beta now, or tomorrow. I dont care if there are bugs! I mean, people here who wants the beta dont care about bugs either. Game developers release beta's to their fans, so the fans could find the bugs, and tell the developers what could be improved.:)

Upvote 0
I can see and understand both sides to this issue. Undoubtedly it would be nice to get the beta sooner rather than later but if there are major issues that need to be addressed before a wide beta release then it's better that they are fixed now. However, it would be nice to get an exact official notice giving those of us who check the forums obsessively throughout the day some kind of idea of what is going on instead of relying on official tidbits/teasers and forum rumours/innuendos (innuendii?).

If there are obvious problems (ridiculous eg. 50% chance of spawning without a weapon), I am sure they want to fix those kinds of problems before releasing a beta than having 20,000 reports of a bug they know about meanwhile a report of something funky happening if you prone jump out of a certain window of a specific building gets lost in the maelstrom of unnecessary bug reports. But surely tripwire has some staff (head of marketing, surely they have one) that could take 2 minutes everyday to update a news log (August 22, beta not today or tomorrow; August 23, beta not for a couple more days at least; August 24, still working on a couple more key issues; August 25, get your helmets on guys, beta should be ready before the weekend; etc...). Some of the "I want it now" generation could use a little hand-holding. :rolleyes:

This is my first post on the subject and my last. Whatever happens don't get your knickers in a knot. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill. I am sure everyone at Tripwire is working like madmen and "give me ma beta now" threads are hopefully ignored by them but I am sure it annoys and depresses them if they ever get the time to look at the forums. If I were working as hard as they must be to get this game ready, I would even be tempted to delay the beta release out of spite; hopefully the guys at Tripwire are better natured than I. :p

Upvote 0