• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta on 23rd of August theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused.. the German version of the "Battle of Staligrad" Wikipedia article says it took place from September the 13th to February the 2nd. English article version says from August the 23rd oO. Danish version say from August the 21st. Russian version says from July the 17th! :O

Can someone clear the facts on this for me please?

Case Blue, the 1942 German summer offensive in southern Russia, began on June 28th. They reached the Don river on July 26th but did not have enough strength to force a crossing at that time.
The 6th Army finally crossed the Don river on August 23rd. The 6th Army and 4th Panzer Army linked up in early September and reached Stalingrad on the 13th of that month commencing their assault on the city on the 14th of September.

Upvote 0
time is running out its the 23rd for me tomorrow with it being early morning 22nd in the US. So unless the beta is announced for 23rd US time tomorrow, your theory has been disproved. tho the 23rd is the most highly logical guess you could possibly do and that it was the planned date to give early 1 week access to DD buyers.

What do you mean, time is running out?

You say it's early morning on the 22nd. TWI has said they will announce it 1 day in advance. So, going by US time, they still have their entire 1 day window left.

Upvote 0
time is running out its the 23rd for me tomorrow with it being early morning 22nd in the US. So unless the beta is announced for 23rd US time tomorrow, your theory has been disproved. tho the 23rd is the most highly logical guess you could possibly do and that it was the planned date to give early 1 week access to DD buyers.

Tripwire is based on the East Coast and most of their announcements seem to be during the normal East Coast office hours. Which in my town of a bit over a million people, some downtown office jobs don't start until 8:00am-even 1pm. Its 8:00 am here and the main highway of this part of the city is quiet as can be. Nice, quiet and cool foggy Monday morning here.

Not saying they're making an announcement today, just that you miscalculated the time or maybe Australians are early risers and we are lazy around here :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.