• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will RO2 have Mortars like in the first one?

I guess you watched the Darkest Hour Mod. Red Orchestra itself has no real mortars. On some maps you see mortars placed but they are only decoration. I think I saw static mortars that you could use on some custom maps but their elevation and traverse is fixed.

Right now Red Orchestra 2 wont have playable mortars but it feautures a mortar strike as a minor artillery strike.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, the only crew-served weapons in RO2 are the tanks, and requiring AI crew members as stand-ins for such weapons to function, and the animation and game mechanics this entails, is probably why ATGs, mortars, infantry guns, etc. have yet to make an appearance. Even the HMGs as recently seen in these late-date videos don't utilize loader/ammo carriers as part of their actual teams.

Upvote 0
Maybe they will have them in Rising Storm mod, since some of the Darkest Hour people are on that team.

But as MeFirst started there are no "playable" (as in a select-able mortar class) in RO 1. There is in Darkest Hour mod for RO 1.

The commander in RO2 will have access to Mortar/Artillery/Rocket strikes. He will need to use his binoculars to point at the area to mark it, then run to a radio station to call in the strike.

Upvote 0