• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 will fail, do something now tripwire!

doctorlove

Aug 8, 2011
So far I have seen 0 ads about Red Orchestra 2, anyone I ask "Have you heard about Red Orchestra 2 ?", they have no idea what I am talking about. Tripwire, you are smart people, if you don't advertise your game, this is just going to be an amazing shooter without a community, and I am really sad to see this happen (and by that I mean a big community, because 5 servers with your hardcore community doesn't really count)

I think we've said it before (I can feel a FAQ page coming on): we're a small company. Advertising is on its way (from memory, first starts this week). We are spending more on advertising RO2 than the total development budget of RO1. But we are still SMALL and this stuff costs a lot of money - which is why EA can manage to spend $100m advertising BF3!

Upvote 0
I think we've said it before (I can feel a FAQ page coming on): we're a small company. Advertising is on its way (from memory, first starts this week). We are spending more on advertising RO2 than the total development budget of RO1. But we are still SMALL and this stuff costs a lot of money - which is why EA can manage to spend $100m advertising BF3!

I think this game will grow more in community word of mouth than advertising would anyway :) .

Upvote 0

You got your fact right here. :)

Upvote 0
And yet it is once again it is in this months "Top 10 to watch" in Australia's biggest pc gaming mag.
Its been on loads of sites and the youtube videos are getting loads of attention.

The second the game is out and videos and reviews start flying out, there will be no more doubt about it being a success.
As for you hardcore RO community comment, we will need a lot more that 5 servers to even fit.

Upvote 0

Yes advertising costs money but one of you team taking a fraps of a game or posting a few screenshots a week is very much free and really is all the community is after.

All of these can be spread by word of mouth throughout the gaming forums and will catch the eyes of other gamers who may not know about the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0
I heard about RO2 months ago in another gaming forum. I think word of mouth, or typing as the case may be, is getting the word spread pretty good too. But a few ads on TV wouldn't hurt. Me personally? 90% of the time I have the Military History Channel or one of it's affiliates on, even if just for background noise.

Upvote 0
I heard about RO2 months ago in another gaming forum. I think word of mouth, or typing as the case may be, is getting the word spread pretty good too. But a few ads on TV wouldn't hurt. Me personally? 90% of the time I have the Military History Channel or one of it's affiliates on, even if just for background noise.

TV ads are over priced and I don't think have much of an impact when it comes to PC gaming.

Upvote 0

If the first ads/new trailers come out the day i go on holiday i think i may cry :p

Upvote 0

No it cause you treat your customer base. You sell us a beta, lock every thread were somebody ask. Basically tell us DONT"T ****ing ask. Then try to tell us your pushing the release date back because you need time for us to test the beta. But you say that doesn't start for the next couple of weeks. Meaning 2 or 3. DAMN MAN we been waiting for a year. You giving us the dick.

Upvote 0
No it cause you treat your customer base. You sell us a beta, lock every thread were somebody ask. Basically tell us DONT"T ****ing ask. Then try to tell us your pushing the release date back because you need time for us to test the beta. But you say that doesn't start for the next couple of weeks. Meaning 2 or 3. DAMN MAN we been waiting for a year. You giving us the dick.

Indeed at least tell people when you plan starting the beta since they paid extra for it.

Upvote 0