• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Didn't see this coming

Really couldn't this just have gone into the I love tripwire thread... oh and nice to see yet more people who will be buying BF3 aswell but just want it to look like RO is the only game they want to play.

Seriously people it is possible to want two completely different kind of games.

Why should this go into the "I love tripwire thread"? Hes stating that he decided to pick RO2 over BF3.

Upvote 0
Yeah man, like a year ago i didnt know anything about Red Orchestra, and i was like bf3 wow. but as the months went by i discovered RO, got the first game and loved it to death, now i have pre purchased the game and aint even thinking about battlefield. Its going to be great :)! 3 weeks to go.

Same here, and funny thing is I knew about Red Orchestra from some guy on BFBC2 EA/UK forums last December, before that I didn't even know the game existed, he was going on and on about how RO2 was gonna be the greatest FPS ever and I was thinking "what's the big deal, I never heard from RO1", so I just checked out a few RO2 vids, but it didn't gave it justice at all.
But fortunately, there was a discount on steam at the time, so I got RO1 for like 5

Upvote 0
Really couldn't this just have gone into the I love tripwire thread... oh and nice to see yet more people who will be buying BF3 aswell but just want it to look like RO is the only game they want to play.

Seriously people it is possible to want two completely different kind of games.

Not all of us are made of money and have lives that take up a lot of our time.... AKA: only time for one or the other.

I bought BF:BC2 during the summer special, found it pretty fun.... for about 2.5 weeks and haven't touched it since I picked up KF. I own BF2 and hated it from the start. One of the few games I regretted buying, which it why to took me so long to pickup BC2.

To be perfectly honest, I find nothing interesting about BF3.... and I had RO2 on my wishlist in Steam since it became available to add into my wishlist.

That, and BF3 won't be on Steam, which is what I use to keep all my games organized and available when I want them. I have no interest in dealing with EA's Origin. Before you know it, I'll need to have 4-5 different Steam-Like programs on my computer to keep everything organized and quite frankly, I'm too lazy to bother with that.

Because yet again its just another "suck off" thread.

Aw.... jealous? :p

I guess we need to show some love to Protector, he's feeling neglected, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirq
Upvote 0
I like how people say that they are pre-ordering a game for the first time in their life and it is RO2. :)

People are more desperate to have a decent game than I thought. hehe

I'm one of them.... never bought a special edition of a game, let alone the special edition before it's even released.

I just know what I'm getting and I know how much better it is compared to other games out there.

If I had piles of money to give Tripewire to increase their marketing capabilities in order to get more people aware of this great game, I would.

Upvote 0
I'm one of them.... never bought a special edition of a game, let alone the special edition before it's even released.

I just know what I'm getting and I know how much better it is compared to other games out there.

If I had piles of money to give Tripewire to increase their marketing capabilities in order to get more people aware of this great game, I would.

That's the spirit!

Upvote 0
Now thats a thread I want to see! :) I just think we are seeing all these little threads designed to make little digs at other games (BF3) and showing their love for HoS when they have played neither.

I was hyped up for BF3 for a very long time.

I don't know why you think all these threads are some sort of conspiracy, they're actually more "I hope it turns out good" threads.

Upvote 0
Now thats a thread I want to see! :) I just think we are seeing all these little threads designed to make little digs at other games (BF3) and showing their love for HoS when they have played neither.

No. I don't even care about other games, especially BF3. RO2 is the true game I've always waited for. There are no games in the making these days that are set in WW2. And all the rich companies, for example EA, don't care about something new and what the minority (us WW2 fans) wants. They've buried WW2 genre. And now they've got their full attention only to 'modern warfare' that a lot of kids pay lots of money for... Because money is what they only care about..

Now that Tripwire is making a game will all the features we fans wanted in a game, there's a reason to love RO2 and praise TWI for listening to their fans. Now that's a true developer.

Upvote 0
I'm buying RO and BF3 2 different games amd I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun playing both
Definatly. I'm getting 3 games this year.
RO2 for the realism.
BF3 for the arcade crack I need...plus jets and helicopters.
Skyrim for my fantasy desires.
Three different games fufilling 3 completely different gaming needs for me.
Lol I'm gonna be set for a long time.

Upvote 0