• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the reason for twitter

More importantly, it's good to see that other AAA developers are actually starting to respect TWI more than in the past.

I remember Ramm saying on a Crosshairs podcast once that back when they were about to release RO1, they were showing the game at a games event where the Infinity Ward guys were, and they basically got the cold shoulder from them, as if they somehow weren't "worthy" ...

I'll have to dig up the podcast if I have time ... it was pretty interesting to hear that, though hardly uprising given the massive egos of those guys and many other successful AAA developers.

RO1 and KF have been quite popular with developers in the bigger studios actually. These are normal people like you and me, not monsters of hell.

Upvote 0
RO1 and KF have been quite popular with developers in the bigger studios actually. These are normal people like you and me, not monsters of hell.
I'm generalizing of course ... I'm just recounting what John Gibson said on a podcast a while back. I'm sure there are lots of big-time devs that have either publicly or non publicly loved TWI games.

Upvote 0

Says the guy named "SasQuatch"

sasquatch.jpg

:D

Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Upvote 0
More importantly, it's good to see that other AAA developers are actually starting to respect TWI more than in the past.

It'd be pretty interesting to see Tripwire be mentioned in the media alongside Valve, Dice, EA, Activision Blizzard, and Epic more often in the future after the success of RO2 and potential other projects down the road. :D

Upvote 0
Heheh, my lord, the interwebs will try and stir up some controversy out of anything it can ehh? :p.

Thanks for the kind words on Twitter Yoshiro.

Yes, believe it or not, but many of us in EA thoroughly enjoy some of the most "hardcore" titles out there, as well as some of the more casual offerings too.

I'm sure it's easy to think of EA as some giant corporate monster who's only purpose is to gobble up game sales, however in actuality EA is comprised of thousands of passionate gamers that are doing everything within their own power to create great games and provide a top notch service for those playing them...for the most part at least.

Anyway, back on point. I'm a fan of, and have a massive amount of respect for, what the guys at TWI are doing, as well as how they're going about doing it. I wish you all the best of luck with ROHoS, and hope it does extremely well. I for one have already pre-ordered it and would encourage others to do the same.....and of course BF3 as well (if that's your kind of thing, which it most certainly is for me). Both titles seem to be shaping up to be absolutely amazing games.

Silvanoshi

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
i suspect that EA and their shareholders find that their own business practice already works quite well for them, on the whole.

Tbh, even if they were loved like TWI and did awesome stuff and they get a 100% increase in customers for their games.
15 euros per dlc and lets say, 4 dlc per person, would still generate more money:rolleyes:

So Treyarch must hurry up to make the other 7 maps... I mean... other dlc's needed:D

Upvote 0
I'm sure it's easy to think of EA as some giant corporate monster who's only purpose is to gobble up game sales, however in actuality EA is comprised of thousands of passionate gamers that are doing everything within their own power to create great games and provide a top notch service for those playing them...for the most part at least.

Anyway, back on point. I'm a fan of, and have a massive amount of respect for, what the guys at TWI are doing, as well as how they're going about doing it. I wish you all the best of luck with ROHoS, and hope it does extremely well. I for one have already pre-ordered it and would encourage others to do the same.....and of course BF3 as well (if that's your kind of thing, which it most certainly is for me). Both titles seem to be shaping up to be absolutely amazing games.

Silvanoshi

Damn you Silvanoshi, damn you to hell! I was just getting ready for some (self-) righteous EA bashing and then you came and ruined it all with your reasonableness and downright friendly nature.

I hate you. :p

Couldn't you at least call Yoshiro some names or something so I can hold at least one last burning ember of dislike for everything EA?

Upvote 0
i suspect that EA and their shareholders find that their own business practice already works quite well for them, on the whole.

Maybe not EA, but Relic the company that develops the best RTS games in the world (Company of Heroes, Dawn of War) has recently taken up a nearly identical business model to Tripwire. About once a month they release a balance patch for the game that includes paid DLC which is just reskins of units, nothing more. The next one coming up has a paid reskin and a free reskin.

I'd like to think they adopted Tripwire's model.

Upvote 0