• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how is this game doing?

poas1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2011
so after 2 years am coming back to this game i have one questions tho do alot of people still play this game? i remeber old times on 50 player servers dam it was fun now i cant find any so if any of you know some 30 player or 50 player server near west usa

It's more likely the wave of new players who bought a copy during Steam's Summer Camp Sale 2011 when the game was discounted to a ridiculously low price.

I am one of those myself but 170 hours into it I think I can act reasonably well in most situations. Then again, yes, there are a lot of new players who have no idea wtf and yet refuse to play a couple rounds of solo and a few of rounds of beginner/normal so they can get the hang of basics.

[Edit] I half forgot, as for the original post, game is still doing very well indeed. I'm in Europe and there's loads of servers to play in, all with very reasonable ping. Even if you start your own Listen server and play on that, more people usually join you in about 5 minutes. So yes, the game is very much alive and well! [/Edit]

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0
There will always be people in games who do not take the time to learn the ropes and ruin the game for many. Unfortunately, its a game and since they bought it like everyone else, I am no one to judge. All I can say and suggest is that those of you who are new to KF, please watch some videos, play in Normal servers and feel free to always ask for advice. The community is more than willing to help out a fellow.

Reactions: Steg and Jake74
Upvote 0
My experience doesn't mesh, I've had a string of great Hard difficulty teams lately. Much better than before the sale. There's still the occasional level-0 that joins, but they have been good about leaving once someone explains the server browser difficulty filter. I think the new people are becoming more skilled, and are actually interested in playing well, beating maps, getting achievements, etc. So they pay attention and try. Without the newbie influx Hard seems to attract a lot of people who don't give a **** and are just screwing around.

My experience could just be random outliers, though, where all the rest of the servers are full of awesome vets getting swamped by TF2 kids or whatever. But personally I don't think it's that bad.

Upvote 0
Indeed (and +rep). The term "noob" makes me cringe whenever I hear it...

KF community is normally pretty good though, although I've just been reminded that playing during the daytime at weekends is a bad idea as all the young'uns are out in full force (nothing against kids in principle, it's just in practice they tend to be the most likely to act like idiots on the internet). Usually a pretty solid bunch though, although the nature of the game means you tend to get minimal chatter, not sure if that's a good or bad thing really :)

Upvote 0
Indeed (and +rep). The term "noob" makes me cringe whenever I hear it...

The thing that urks me the most is how so many online players in just about every game like to use "F*g" or homosexual insults towards other players...... it says more about them than it does about the player they're insulting.

KF community is normally pretty good though, although I've just been reminded that playing during the daytime at weekends is a bad idea as all the young'uns are out in full force (nothing against kids in principle, it's just in practice they tend to be the most likely to act like idiots on the internet). Usually a pretty solid bunch though, although the nature of the game means you tend to get minimal chatter, not sure if that's a good or bad thing really :)

Agreed.... most of the players I come across are decent folk, but once in a while you come across one or two fools who will block the shop and demand you do something stupid before they move, or simply don't move at all and waste the time till the next round...... and then you have the people who spam the voice messages the entire game..... and as equally annoying are the people who do nothing but talk talk talk on their mic all the time, sing little tunes, play music on their computer for all to hear as if we want to listen to their emo crap band, or just love the sound of their own voice.

^ As mentioned before, this is in almost all online games, so I'm just being general here with my rant..... 90% of the RO & KF players are golden compared to most other game communities, but you'll always come across that other 10% that just ruin things..... including those people who hate the above people and toss out F*g bombs and insults.... which aren't any better. :cool:

Thank Jebus for the Communications Mute/Ignore section in most games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0