• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ANZAC: Silly question of the day...

I'm looking forward to your mod as is.
But is there a slight possibility we might see ANZAC's as an update some time?
Can't imagine it would be before you guys finish your original plan first ofcourse.

Hmmm didn't realize anyone knew of ANZAC exept Aussies and NZers.
I know we fought in a few battles, the biggest one was we hijacked the Japan air strip and use it for our own

Upvote 0
Hmmm didn't realize anyone knew of ANZAC exept Aussies and NZers.
I know we fought in a few battles, the biggest one was we hijacked the Japan air strip and use it for our own

We actually fought in some of the longest and most harshest campaigns in the entire war. We also inflicted the first land defeat on the Japanese land forces in WW2 at Milne Bay. Not the Americans, British or Chinese.... it was us.
I have no idea what 'Airstrip' your talking about, Kokoda perhaps? Their was a lot of battles fought for control of Airstrips in the Pacific, entire campaigns revolved around the capture of certain airstrips.
Look up, the battle for Buna and Gona, this battle fought by Aussies along
side ze' Yanks was the worst fought by either Army at that time. This was before Peleliu and further Island hoping campaigns. I have no expectations on ANZAC forces being included in Rising Storm. Compared to the Yanks our role was in their eyes not as important, even though we were fighting for our homes right on our door step.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And yet everyone always seem to overlook the British Indian Army in Burma (Stalingrad of the East) not to mention the fact that 14th Army delivered the largest land defeat to Japanese forces at Imphal.

A real infantryman's war... the British could not rely on heavy fire support like their American colleagues and were woefully ill equipped. Indeed, the Burma Campaign saw the rise of one of the most forward thinking and imaginative commanders of the entire war in the form of Bill Slim.

Someone, somewhere should make a mod or game featuring that FORGOTTEN Army.

Reactions: Stephen
Upvote 0