• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifleman class

Like i said a soldier or two could do this, but at company/batallion level i call BS on you. Give me the link for that.

they were given it as a registered weapon in other wards hypothetically a whole squad could have one. these are the ones the Germans issued.

the mp41(r) was a ppsh41 converted to fit a 9mm round.
the m717(r) was an untampered and issued as is.

so like i said its very possible for a good size chunk of germans to have a ppsh41. :cool:

both sides stole quite a few guns pretty interesting what they took. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you really need images and links to tell yourself that soldiers looted equipment?
It's logic 101 , especially in urban environments its bound to happen in any conflict.

Question is if you want them to roam freely on both sides in the game, we have server-sided options so i won't complain but i always preferred side specific weaponry no matter what game. Something that sadly has disappeared from most games today..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course soldiers eventually looted enemy qeapons and equipment but gameplay wise it is a different thing. I dont really want to see that soldiers can spawn with enemy weapons in the hand. I rather see them pciking them up in the game when they killed a enemy and pick up their weapon or a team mate has killed the player and you just pick the weapon up.

Upvote 0
Of course soldiers eventually looted enemy qeapons and equipment but gameplay wise it is a different thing. I dont really want to see that soldiers can spawn with enemy weapons in the hand. I rather see them pciking them up in the game when they killed a enemy and pick up their weapon or a team mate has killed the player and you just pick the weapon up.

You're not necessarily playing a fresh soldier just in with all their standard shiny equipment. This models a soldier who picked up an enemy weapon in the last firefight, or between firefights (smarter), or even issued captured weapons.

You admit it's realistic - and the gameplay is suppose to take realism into account. You always have the option to play on a server with this turned off.

Upvote 0
Ha! I love reading.

Source

I just love this...

29.jpg

Experimental PPSh with curved barrel to allow shooting around corners. Model 1945.

Upvote 0
I don't think Germans were that afraid of using the PPsh
It'd also make sense - being the better gun, they take advantage of what they find

Similar to how GI's in Vietnam ditched their somewhat unreliable m16's for AK47's they scavenged

This is inaccurate. The PPSH was more reliable and had an obvious higher rate of fire but most if not all field tests show an increase in accuracy when using a MP40 at longer ranges. If you are experienced i'd imagine the difference wouldn't be terrible but as far as the limitations of the hardware goes it's difficult to say distinctively that it is the better.

Upvote 0
Would feel a bit awkward if too many people are using captured guns, and if it's only a matter of ranking up you would probably see games where everyone is carrying weapons from the other army, which would make the two sides less distinct. Best IMO would be to have a limited "veteran" version of every class that can chose to spawn captured equipment.

Upvote 0
Would feel a bit awkward if too many people are using captured guns, and if it's only a matter of ranking up you would probably see games where everyone is carrying weapons from the other army, which would make the two sides less distinct. Best IMO would be to have a limited "veteran" version of every class that can chose to spawn captured equipment.
I think that's exactly the way it is...

Reactions: teemu92
Upvote 0

TWI stated multiple times that most people will have the standard weapons. Concerns about the occurence frequency of guns has been raised (and relieved of) multiple times.
So why still say things as 'you would probably see'...
You have no idea how probable it is (imho it is far more probable that the frequency is very low, according to TWI's response to hero weapons etc.)

I admit that it is a concern, and voicing it is not what I counter, but it is a little bit of doomsaying when you state it in this way.

edit: do you mean 'Elite riflemen' by a veteran class? Because that is actually in the game..

Upvote 0