• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My day Today.

Chadwiick

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Tampa, Florida
Alright, I just want to share what lovely day I had with everyone!

I woke up around 5:30 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. I had dentist appointment at 8:00 AM. So I arrive at the doctors office. I told my mother "It's funny how you can't control your body". My mind is really calm but around my chest area I was getting a sensation around my heart.

They finally call me back and I go get X-Rays. After the X-Rays they lead me to the chair. They strap on some plugs and the finger 'pincher' to get my vital signs. So I am sitting here watching my heart rate go from 60 to 70, then glide down and go back up. The doctor puts a turn-a-kit (how ever you spell it). At this point I am here thinking it's not going to be fun getting an IV in my elbows soft skin.

Next thing I know is that he turns my arm over (now It's facing palm down) and taps my hand. Then he taps my forearm (hairy side). My veins are popping out at this point and he pulls out the IV and puts it in my forearm. I caught a glimpse of my heart rate- it was around 100. I was kind of like how? I don't feel my heart pumping faster.

I now have my head on the head rest and they put over the nose mask 'injecting' me with laughing gas. They realize something is wrong with it, so they take it off and I lean up some and I was feeling pretty woozy, it was awesome. The mask is now fixed and they put it on my. I turn and look at the dentist and ask "Want some too?". I don't they he really got my joke, it was kind of a bummer but oh well. I am now trying my best to stay awake. I notice I am starting to blink and I just blink this one time and bam I'm out.

During the procedure I believe I woke up, but my eyes were closed. I start to feel some tugging and pulling. So I start to talk and it went something like this- "aannhhaa aahhnaa". Then I am out again. Now I am awake and they are putting gaus in my mouth. The first thing I tried to say was "This is Awesome (or wicked can't remember). So they now get me a wheel chair and take me into another chair. My gaus was removed (drenched in blood) and replace it with new ones. I am in the wheel chair again and they are now taking me out to the car. I remember I think it was when I first woke up I told my mother that I was driving home.

I now get out of the wheel chair and shake her (the nurse that helped me in and out of the wheel chair). This was the second time I shook her hand, I just felt really appreciative and grateful that she was taking care of me. I am now home and I am pretty much sleeping the whole day. Then it is like 5:38 PM when I get up and go to my room and get on my computer to 'chill'. Soon after I find myself in the bathroom needing to puke. I thank God for the first upchuck it was just really tiny stream. The toilet had piss in it. I hate it when people don't flush the dang toilet. So I flushed the toilet and I start chuckin'. It was only brown blood and it wasn't that bad. Around 30 minutes later I went to puke again.

In the mist of puking the first and second time I was writing this. In case you haven't realized I got all four of my Wisdom teeth pulled out. I do apologize for some crappy spelling if there is some. I am on some 'painkillars' and I feel woozy.

So that's my day, besides the pain and aches it was pretty awesome!
I spent my time awake in the afternoon watching some Gordan Ramsey.

Reactions: slavek and Shadrach
your probably on T3's.

I had all 4 pulled in much the same way, that laughing gas really knocks you out for the count.

Have fun being known as mister chipmunk cheeks for the next few days, oh that and only being able to open your jaw an inch or two tops....

When my cheeks started to swell up that's when I was in the most pain today. But I am able to open my jaw well enough to eat and such. Tomorrow will probably suck.

Upvote 0
Tourniquet?

Yeah, thanks for clarifying that. :D

When I first got home yesterday morning my mother gave me a little to drink. Holy crap was it funny yet painful at the time. I took a sip of water (my tongue and face was really numb) just pretty much slid down the wrong pipe in my throat. I was caughin' up some blood, I was like dang they didn't tell me I couldn't control the ability to hold fluids in my mouth.

So far today(6:00 AM), not much pain. I am just swollen.

Upvote 0
Had two teeth surgically removed after an altercation with a tight head props knee some years ago. The teeth were cracked and chipped so they had to go in with the hammer and chisel set.

Full anaesthesia was amazing, woke up after surgery and puked for an hour or so, later that day was left out and went straight into a Chinese buffet restuarant and ate enough food for a small village:D

The following few days were rough but you will get past it, just dont chew on any tinfoil:eek:

Upvote 0
My son and daughter had their wisdom teeeth removed at the same time (all 4 for both of them). Both were full anesthesia. My son came through with no problems. In fact they gave him a water pistol to play with while they were working on my daughter. He was laughing loudly and talking about how high he was, shooting the nurses with the water pistol, etc.. No problems when we got home, just some mild discomfort.

My daughter was not so fortunate. Hers were impacted (sideways) and took a lot longer. She woke up during the procedure and they had to put her back out. She had a lot of pain, swelling and a looong recovery time. I felt so bad for her.

The ride home was hilarious though. We had to wheel them both out to the car and they were both numb for a good while. But it wasn't too much later that they were both talking crazy, laughing and it was fun trying to confuse them while they were still "out of it".

Upvote 0
all my wisdom teeth were on its side as well. But only had a bad recovery from the first set as the local anaesthesia wasn't in effect yet when they started drilling the teeth to a pulp so they could vacuum them out. I can tell you its pretty painful when they but a drill through your teeth :p. And personally think that being able to feel pain made me more concious about it leading to a somewhat bad recovery.

The second set I they correctly put out my jaw and after a day didn't really have any issues any more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, I forgot to mention something. While I was knocked out apparently there was another kid getting his wisdom teeth pulled. My mother told me he must've been local... she said it was horrible hearing his screams of agony.

I was like wow, I must have been out cold.

Oh, Nagels I ended up having Chinese food the next after... is it tradition to eat Chinese food when you get your wisdoms pulled? I shall make it a tradition starting when I have kids. >:]

Last edited:
Upvote 0