• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifleman class

Everyone should not have pistols. Nor was every individual in any platoon issued pistols as far as I know.
Squad leaders, tank commanders/operators, and mabey recon classes. Thats it!!
And no way should anyone be able to spawn with 2 primary weapons. Picking up a carrying a second primary is different.
We gonna have killstreaks, digital camo and akimbo weapons next?
I dont think many people will pick up alot of weapons, since RO2 works on a weight system, your speed will slow down depending how many weapons you pick up.. so quit your whining and dont judge the game before you have even played it

Upvote 0
Everyone should not have pistols. Nor was every individual in any platoon issued pistols as far as I know.
Squad leaders, tank commanders/operators, and mabey recon classes. Thats it!!
And no way should anyone be able to spawn with 2 primary weapons. Picking up a carrying a second primary is different.
We gonna have killstreaks, digital camo and akimbo weapons next?

No class will spawn with two primary or two secondary weapons in RO2.

Upvote 0
No class will be able to spawn with weapons he/she picked up on the battlefield. A rifleman will be given a set of rifleman loadout options only.
...class will be able to spawn with weapons he/she picked up on the...

This implies two vastly different yet equally dramatic things.

1) HOLY CRAP FEMALE SOVIET SOLDIERS.

OR

2) SasQuatch believes Women will play this game. in which case:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
As I understand it, There will be at least several different weapons per class. With alot of rarely used or prototype weapons added. Things like bayonets and larger magazines are unlockable, as are weapons from the opposing faction, which I think is possibly the most lame of all.

Also, every class gets a pistol, but it's an unlockable.

How is going from a few prototypes in RO1 to a few in RO2 'a lot':rolleyes:

Also the pistol concern has been relieved by Alan a week ago or something. The pistol is only for elite riflemen (and nobody except TWI knows how rare those are) and certain classes (MG, sniper, SL) so the abundance (riflemen) won't have the pistol.
Only in firefight probably you're right and everybody has a pistol.

Upvote 0
This implies two vastly different yet equally dramatic things.

1) HOLY CRAP FEMALE SOVIET SOLDIERS.

OR

2) SasQuatch believes Women will play this game. in which case:

Spoiler!

My wife said she will...

[edit]Actually, there's a couple of girls playing at our office too these days :)

Upvote 0
for close combat urban maps, i would quite like to see everyone issued an smg - or conversely all rifles in larger open maps - phaps with an MG and marksman on each side too.
Correct me if i'mwrong,but I presume it wasn't unrealistic, at least when appropriate weapons were available, for units all to be similarly equipped if the environment demanded it.
I don't see this happening in the stock game, where i expect maps to be rounded and designed to appeal to everybody.
But 3rd party map makers will hopefully make specific types of map and exploit the control i presume they will have over loadouts.

Upvote 0
I see no problem with Germans using Ruskie Weapons and Ruskies using German weapons BUT it should be limited. Maybe only a few people a game are allowed to have enemy weapons.

IT is very known that soldiers looted enemy weapons. I've seen many photos of soldiers on the eastern and western front, including a photo of a German with a M1 Carbine and also someone with the Colt .45, both in Poteau in Belguim.

Upvote 0
You have to stand back and look at the bigger picture on why RO2 is so awesome.

In many games people will complain about paid DLC, dedicated servers, mod support, graphics, netcode, you name it. In RO2 you will see the vast majority of players complaining about minute things such as what weapons were available per squad/platoon and what would be more realistic.

It makes people black belts in google fu to read up on their history to try to prove a point. I don't think there is any other game (outside RO and it's mods) that has focused an almost OCD level of detail from players to support some kind of gripe or complaint.

I am sure everyone is super eager to play and looks towards debating things to occupy their time/interest. Let's all take a deep breath and wait for the game (beta?!) come out before we play jump to conclusions.

Upvote 0
I have a book at home which contains stories of Wehrmacht soldiers in Russia between 1942 to 1944.
I don't remember which cities all these guys fought in (obviously the diaries don't just represent Stalingrad), but I remember one guy mentioning that out of his group that was supposed to conquer a sequel of buildings, most guys had ppshs. He even mentioned that the new guys were the unlucky ones as they had to use the more unreliable mp 40s...

Upvote 0