• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to make a margarita?

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
Ok I know there's a lot of "alcohol connoisseurs" here so... I googled this but there's loads of stuff out there and I'm not sure who to "trust". Basically I want a really nice lime margarita. Not trying to get drunk I just love the flavor... kinda like limeade with a kick :).

Also, if the ingredients aren't hard to find that's a plus. (in the USA)

So... any of you guys can direct me somewhere or just tell me yourself? thanks guys.

From the Black Book:

Ok there's a "Sweet Margarita" here that sounds about right:

1 Tbsp brown sugar
1.5 oz lime juice
1 oz orange juice
Stir. Fill Glass with ice.
2.5 oz tequila
.5 oz triple sec
Shake.

For tequila you should use 100% agave, because mixtos use 51% agave and make up the rest of the volume with cheap garbage. The Black book's drinks also tend to be somewhat stiff, so you might want to go easy on the tequila if you don't want too much of a kick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just do salt-shot-lime.... but my mom used to make frozen limeade mix then add triple sec, lime juice, and tequila to taste. Oh yea - and blend with the ice to get a slightly slushy consistency.... Was delicious. And as Bobdog mentioned, 100% agave is VERY important! Legit stuff from Mexico is MUCH better than Jose Cuervo

Make some homemade tortillas with 1/4 masa, 1/4 flour, 1/2 water.... put on a pan 20 seconds each side with no oil and fill with Rice, Beans, Meat, Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocado (or guacamole), Tomato (or salsa), Olice slives, Cilantro, and a spritz of lime juice and your fiesta is complete

However, if you are in the mood for something a little more exotic and delicious make a Caipirinha... You need to find Brazilian Rum (Cachaca) but it is well worth it IMO... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is how I usually do it ...

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I usually do a ratio of 2-1-1.

2 Cazadores

1 fresh lime juice (not that bottled sh!t)

1 triple sec

Over ice, in a frozen glass, with a kosher salt rim.

Start with that ratio and see how you like it. If you wanna get slammed, make it 3-1-1. If you like a bit more lime, 2-2-1. Adjust it to how you like it, but start with 2-1-1. Never blend it, just ice imo.

Upvote 0
Why the **** are you diluting good tequilla :confused:

I never follow any recipes, all you need is a blender, lime and lemon juice and a touch of sugar. You can get all fancy and add ice to make those slushy sort of margaritas too.

Just play around until you find a recipe that suits, personally I like them stronger with a nice sharp taste as opposed to overly sweet.

Also make sure to salt the rim of the glass.

Reactions: REZ
Upvote 0
I didn't even think to mention this before, but I can tell you where to get the absolute worst margarita in the world: the 49er Club, in Mariposa, California.

Couple years back, my dad and his wife came out to visit. Love him dearly, but he's a f*****g drunk. On our way back from Yosemite Nat'l Park, we stopped in Mariposa for something or other, and wound up in this bar. My wife ordered a margarita. Watched the dude make it. His recipe? Equal parts no-brand tequila and Sunny D.

No kidding.

Upvote 0