• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick question on suppression

Das Bose

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
I was watching one of the shaky cam videos and got to thinking about suppression.

If I am proned next to a wall firing at the enemy, and a team mate was to set up his MG on the wall so he was firing over me, am I going to experience the suppression effect from the bullets coming out of my team mates MG?

If this has been answered elsewhere I apologise, but I couldn't find it :)

Last edited:
I was watching one of the shaky cam videos and got to thinking about suppression.

If am proned next to a wall firing at the enemy, and a team mate was to set up his MG on the wall so he was firing over me, am I going to experience the suppression effect from the bullets coming out of my team mates MG?

You did in RO1, interesting question...

Upvote 0
I hope not

Bullets are bullets, I know I'd certainly be scared if a friendly MG is spraying bullets into the wall beside me.

Personally I hope so, at least in realism mode maybe. Or a "friendly suppression" option.
Friendly tank shells should suppress too, I don't care if you know he wasn't aiming at you, your still getting shrapnel cuts all the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsi1
Upvote 0
Personally I think it should be in.

Sure, it can get annoying when you're next to your MG teammate, but if you were to take friendly suppression out, it would also mean that you wouldn;t be surpressed by friendly (MG) fire, firing at your general area from afar.

As said above, bullets are bullets and in such a case I'd duck for cover, regardless who is actually firing the bullets.

Upvote 0
I'd be taking a dump in my pants no matter who was shooting at me IRL

So, hopefully friendly suppression is in order

Of course it could be a problem only because it'd be a more annoying way for trolls to troll rather than TK
and it's not something that could be easily punishable by admin/server controls

"Kicked for purposely suppressing teammates"

EDIT: mind you, i'd hope those sort of mingebags stay in remedial servers...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I think it should be in.

Sure, it can get annoying when you're next to your MG teammate, but if you were to take friendly suppression out, it would also mean that you wouldn;t be surpressed by friendly (MG) fire, firing at your general area from afar.

As said above, bullets are bullets and in such a case I'd duck for cover, regardless who is actually firing the bullets.

Plus friendly fire and fear of it is a real concept, peaking around a corner and seeing a friendly MG is just as dangerous as seeing a enemy MG. If the man on it is a hair trigger, best be shouting to hold his fire.

Upvote 0
I think the way it is implemented right now, is that you still get the screen effects and camera shakes, but not the suppression gameplay penalties. I think the idea here was that if someone behind you was spraying bullets over your head, the camera shake was a good way of letting you know not to stand up :)

Upvote 0
I think the way it is implemented right now, is that you still get the screen effects and camera shakes, but not the suppression gameplay penalties. I think the idea here was that if someone behind you was spraying bullets over your head, the camera shake was a good way of letting you know not to stand up :)

Thanks for the reply Ramm, that doesn't sound too bad at all. I'm really looking forward to trying it out for myself :cool:

Upvote 0
Its pure gold and I absolutely love it

Thanks! I made it myself, it was actually a GIF, but I thought some would be annoyed by it so I left it as a still image.

Sounds good, I always loved when a MG shot from over top me, normally my sound is so loud it was deafening, If it was real I think I'd punch the guy and yell at him for the hearing loss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thx for the post, but what do you exactly mean by camera shakes? Is it gonna be like your aim is also shaken so that you cannot aim properly like in DH? Would be sweet I always loved that.

Reactions: Schreq
Upvote 0