• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A suggestion that might reduce threads.

Heres a suggestion to TWI, with all the threads dedicated to perks being OP and what not, and 1337ness apparently rampant making HoE a piece of cake and all. Heres 1 that might end their endless suggestions cough *whining* cough... or at least more concentrated here and not all over the place

So L4D and franchise, most of us played it, not many whines about how things are OP. Why? No 1 feels safe to solo(apparently thats how most people would come to define OP) deny all you want but thats how you always start the sh*ts about perks being OP. Since valve had the idea to make special infected, so that survivors can't save themselves is already taken, we cant really use it. (Plz like that ever stopped any1 cough *health regen in fps* cough)

Idea 1
People solo, they get hurt, they heal themselves. Everything is fine. Take that away? People don't solo. Only medic retains the ability to heal self, every1 else can only heal each other.

Idea 2
Specimen spawn more around lone players, make it easier to get surrounded. Smarter spawning system where they spawn from multiple spawns closest to lone player and move in on him.

Idea 3
Trash specimen heads jerks around more so it gets difficult to headshot.

Idea 4
Most of the specimens are only mildly dangerous, except those who have special abilities, mostly charging. Add in a bleeding effect for the specimens with sharp things. You get cut, you bleed, only healing will stop bleeding. Combine that with ideas above, gorefasts are lonewolf killers.

Idea 5
Fleshpounds are so easy they say, I'm so hardcore they say. Put in a screen shaking effect when fleshpounds are walking too close to you (because they are heavy and each step is more like a stomp) and poof m14ebr isn't overpowered for the super elite like Q. + specimens around fleshpound is a pain to deal with too. Demoman's time to shine.

So now you got a team that sticks together, Sharpys only good for scrakes, fp is demo territory with help from support and no1 ever wants to solo again. Still OP?

Yea, there are suggestions, and than there are personal opinions, dont get them mixed up. The forum is full of suggestions but mostly backed up with personal opinions. One could only take so much of a suggestion until it becomes whining.

Idea 1
People solo, they get hurt, they heal themselves. Everything is fine. Take that away? People don't solo. Only medic retains the ability to heal self, every1 else can only heal each other.

Idea 2
Specimen spawn more around lone players, make it easier to get surrounded. Smarter spawning system where they spawn from multiple spawns closest to lone player and move in on him.

To 1: 90% of the players would quit since you can never rely on anyone but yourself.

To 2: You're promoting soloing with this, as more zeds spawning away from the 5 players who stick together means the person who is soloing to reduce pressure on the main group can do his job better than before.

When I play with a group of 6 there's generally 1 person straying around [usually a Medic or a Berserker] no not because of trying to solo anything but to reduce spawns coming in on the main group that camps, as half of the wave will be kited around the map. So only like 16 instead of 32 zeds will attack the main group at once. But blabla everyone always thinks soloing is a bad thing. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
I don't like the idea of most of the suggestions, as they would ruin the game. Not being able to self heal be hard, but it does give the medic better position in the team. I don't think I'd liek it but I don't think it's game breaking. For multiplayer. This would destroy solo, and the game offers a solo option, so destroying it like this, you might as well just remove solo fom the game completely.

I like the specimens spawning around lone players, that would be quite interesting. While i do like the ideas of one person going solo to eat up the zombie count, it would make their life that bit more interesting.

The head jerking I don't like, I believe that this would nerf SharpShooter more than really necassary. In fact, I don't believe nerfing Sharp Shooter is necassary. This will just make more people play Support, and I believe that that is not needed.

Adding a bleed option has been suggested before, but it was intended for Stalkers. Don't know what happened to th thread, but I don't particuarly like thet idea. There is enough to worry about without bleeding all over the place.

Lol at the Fleshpounds, that was good. I don't like the idea completely, but ithe way you introduced it did make me laugh. :D I think that the FleshPoundscould use a minor health regen actually... That would be really cool. It wouldn;t make life tricky for most situations, but to anyone kiting, this could add a bit of extra time, and if the rage counter was fixed, would make life very difficult for Mr Beserker... I kinda like the idea. As I said, in most situations, such as Support, Demo or SharpShooter trying to take him, the health regen would be unoticable, there would be no time for it to gain any decent amount of health before it dies. But for a Beserker, I think it would really be the first specimen he comes across that he can't take directly. What does everyone else think? :)

And my last suggestion is to bring in a harder difficulty that majority of players will never play. It is there for the players who now can play Hell On Earth relatively easily. There should only be one achievement if any added for this difficulty, which would be beat any level on long on this difficulty. This way your not playing for achievements, you are paying because you want a challenge. You are playing because all else can be beaten, and if you get this achievement, you know that you have reached the top and thats it, now you can just stuff around and have fun on any map. This difficulty should make the same amount of zeds come out as in Hell On Earth, and leave money the same, but make it so that the zeds have that extra bit of health and damage. The increment from Suicdal to hell On Earth would be suitable I think.

Upvote 0
Elaborate please?

Not being a jerk, just curious as to what your thoughts are.

Mostly if you play solo, or are the sole survivor you are guaranteed to lose.

Also without the ability to self heal good players will die because inexperienced players won't heal them. I always heal others, but rarely get healed in return. Why should I be punished for the incompetance of other players?

No self healing, or Medic only healing takes too much control away from the individual and rams cooperation down their throats, much like L4D does. Insert L4D rant here:

Spoiler!

Taking out self heaing is a bad move. If it doesn't completely destroy the game, it at the very least kills the enjoyment of it.

That covers 1)

2) Problem is thats exactly what the Berserker is designed to be good against. spawning stuff around him won't really stop him, because unlike everyone else he can't be slowed down. The only thing in his way is body blocking.

3) Unneccesary nerf to the Sharpshooter, and probably the commando too.

4) Each specimen has unique abilities that cause players problems. I would however like to see stalkers get a bleed effect on hit.

5) Not a bad idea, but definately stolen from the tank in Left 4 Dead. Plus once agian, its an unnecessary nerf to sharpshooters. Fleshpounds are only easy if you have a good coordinated team. If you don't, or you are caught unprepared, they will make mince of you and most of your squad. Even if you know what you are doing, there is always that outside chance you get hit by a siren when you throw grenades or a Husk knocks your Sharpshooters aim out of the line. Fleshpounds are oppurtunists really, if you give them a gap to punch through, they will punish you hard.

There are a couple of things that the Fleshpound needs doing to it, but I don't really think this change, while cool, will help matters for balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, this would make the game very difficult for most of us, myself included but do remember that this is for the people who are complaining how HoE is a piece of cake and how the perks are OP, 1) 4) and 5) doesnt take too much work to implement on a mutator. 1) would completely destroy solo mode, silly me, but I guess we can keep the 2 modes separate so self heal is still allowed in solo.

Also I realise the title is very misleading, this was more of a rant after reading all the how things are OP suggestions. I was butt hurt by how everythings apparently OP. Thank god no one suggested that firebug is OP.

Upvote 0
Idea 1
I don't think removing the self heal is a good idea. But I think the health points, that are healed by yourself, should be variable by difficulty. E.g. self heal in Beginner/Normal/Hard: 25/20/20 HP healed (solo 40/35/35), Suicidal: 20 healed (solo 30), HoE: 15 healed (and solo 25)

Idea 2
It's easier to take them out especially for Berserkers.

Upvote 0
I don't think removing the self heal is a good idea. But I think the health points, that are healed by yourself, should be variable by difficulty. E.g. self heal in Beginner/Normal/Hard: 25/20/20 HP healed (solo 40/35/35), Suicidal: 20 healed (solo 30), HoE: 15 healed (and solo 25)

It's easier to take them out especially for Berserkers.

The less self heal in harder difficulties seems more reasonable than my original idea. Soloing is harder but not impossible, so that if you're the last one standing you still have a chance to survive. I suppose idea 2 would make it easier for zerkers, but not if you combine it with 1) and 4).

At candlejack, so some of the senior members dont like the idea of being able to solo the game, since their skill level is beyond average. It was noob of me to even mention l4d but the ideas will hardly turn kf into another l4d. My ideas (according to my intention) will only turn kf into a game that is very hard to solo. Its not going to make zombies run at you, and there are no special infected that leaves you completely helpless.

Upvote 0

1303264875541.png

Upvote 0