• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI Devs - IGNORE the forums!

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
Might be best for your sanity to ignore the forums until the game goes Gold. Please don't let the craziness here discourage you guys from posting new media.

Remember, people who read these forums are a tiny minority of people interested in the game. People who post on these forums are a smaller subset of readers. People who post complaining rudely about X, Y, and Z are an even smaller minority, of the minority, of the minority.

(P.S. I'm not anti-minority, just anti *sshole).

It is called constructive criticism. 90% of the people on this forum just want the best for the game in there own way.

Yeah, but the features and design are already set. No amount of constructive criticism is going to change what the game will ship like at this late date.

Hence, it's no use until after "crunch time" and the game is released. TWI has corrected errors in the past (if relevant), so I don't see why they wouldn't again.

And sure 90% want the best for the game, but that 10% is driving the threads, aren't helping anything, refusing to admit when they're wrong, etc. I'd imagine it's frustrating for the Devs to release media, and get what looks like a sh*t storm from the community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, but the features and design are already set. No amount of constructive criticism is going to change what the game will ship like at this late date.

This. ^ Edit: And then Schneidzekk beats me to it...

But of course, TWI shouldn't ignore the forums. It is one of the things that really helps set TWI apart from other developers y'know. They get involved with their community. I think the people who have a peeve with the way the game is going should be listened to, especially when constructive and not spouting stuff like "Omg, this game is turning into Call of Duty! Disgraceful!" and such.

I just think that people should be ignored by TWI if they're being unecessarily and unconstructively crass with their opinion of TWI's work, or causing huge flame wars with nitpicky little details that hardly affect the game as a whole. Let angry people be angry, let stupid people be stupid, and let everyone buy this wonderful game if they want it for what it is. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why are you not ignoring us?!? :D
Listen to me, don't listen to me!

Just quoted for pure genius:D

I think the screenie thread stopped being constructive criticism after page1:(. Seemed more destructive to me, when I read the 20-some other pages
I am afraid TWI will refrain from these kind of media or corrections from the forum. If every suggestion or comment is going to initiate such a discussion, I am not blaming TWI from ignoring us:eek:

Upvote 0

This confuses me. So are you implying that people who have concerns with the accuracy of things will be completely ignored? Or for that matter, should be ignored? I don't see how that is productive for either sides of this. From what I have read there are some legitimate and constructive concerns here. I don't expect them to be remedied immediately, but games do have patches and changes. There's always the plausibility of them being fixed in the future if it's big enough for concern. It would be neglectful to at least not peek at the forums before/after release. Not criticizing TW as they are participating a lot in the forums, but I don't think your suggestion is sensible.

Upvote 0
I think the issues people bring up are fine but they are over and over again blown out of proportion. It is fun to read (at least I think so) about historical correctness, why this should be in the game and other points people bring up. But they to often turn into a too heated debate cause people always want the last comment to correct the other one.

Raise your issue, answer any comment raised by it that you can answer and then drop it. To keep bringing up the same facts and arguments over and over again wont change peoples minds no matter how correct you are.

Upvote 0
f3e947f4e815bd778e9905bf4651ac12.gif

Upvote 0
This confuses me. So are you implying that people who have concerns with the accuracy of things will be completely ignored? Or for that matter, should be ignored? I don't see how that is productive for either sides of this.

I'm not implying they will be completely ignored, I'm suggesting the devs should completely ignore them (and anyone else for fairness sake). And not indefinitely, just until the game ships in 2 months. My point is, criticisms at this point in time won't make any improvements or changes, as the feature set is locked for release.

After the game releases, please go ahead and make all the suggestions and criticisms you want (I know I will). Only at that point, after the game has shipped can TWI even think of adding new features with the scheduled free content updates (APC, tanks, etc.).

So on August 30th, constructively criticize away (and maybe a congrats on shipping).

kilr101 said:
I guess, However, I've never seen a developer create forums for the purpose of letting people tell them how to make their game.

TWI is one. They've stated on interviews that a lot of the stuff that went into RO2 were ideas that came directly from the community / suggestion forum. As pointed out, they did ask for reference material on muzzle flashes. They apparently hang out and read this stuff.

Edit: Something to add. I very much doubt after release, TWI will go back and read the old suggestions / criticisms made before shipping. So save it 'til then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think constructive criticism is one thing

But saying "I can't believe this! I don't like x! And server settings wont matter because no one makes servers without setting x" is not constructive.

If you have a problem with the game - provide a solution.
Rather than the take everything out that I don't like approach

But yeah at this point most things we see will be there at launch

Upvote 0