• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Regarding the German toque, the Germans had tubular ones as-well meant specifically so you could pull them up over the nose & mouth.

Also from a 1940 German training film on operations in snow (these fullface ski masks were available):
a64735b12ee394e71a1037_m.jpg

This is not from a training film. The soldier pictured is Swedish. You can most easily tell by looking at the bayonet.

Now, find me a picture of a German or a Soviet soldier with their ID tag hanging out, like a piece of bling.

Hahaaa, success! :D

MRidW_132_3%23

I'll shut up now. All the "heroes" should look like this guy. He truely does look the veteran.

Yes, the AVT-40 will be featured.

Nice!

Upvote 0
Awesome screenshots!

And yes, ski-masks weren't invented only recently, and no, they are not used for SWAT only. You know, originally they were used to keep the cold away and the face warm, but all you realism-hypocrits probably don't understand that not everyone was running around the same.

Upvote 0
It has been quite funny reading all the "hate" about that specific model :D and I can understand the reasoning behind this, but I think we had enough time now to calm down and not care so much about something as minor as that.

I suppose RPS had a quite bigger selection of screenshots to choose from but you can expect them to upload all of those in a single article, therefore they chose the best in their opinion. Maybe if we wait a few more days for more news we will get the chance to see the more common models as well as the variations confirmed a few posts back with the adjustable height of the torque.

So yeah, maybe it's better to be patient when something new rises up and not rush to our magnifying lens like it's the last article we get before the release and we need to examine every single pixel.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking posting video at this Point is a bad idea . TW might get charged with murder over the heart attacks they cause.

And they really need to protect their Non Profit status as a company so they can create games specifically for a few dozen hardcore forum fans.
Because apparently global economy classes prove that developing for those few is a better business model than adding OPTIONS and grabbing a wider audience.

Upvote 0
I've seen the available videos out about the game, and I do keep up with the forums. And I must say that there are things that make this game more realistic than the original. Adjustable Sights for instance is great. But then I watch the videos and for every good thing I hear, I hear something that worries me, for instance the fact that you cannot exit tanks.

So, I am neither a troll or stupid. And I am thankful that Tripwire has given the option to turn off Heroes and such, because that worried me the most. But what it comes down to, is that I won't know how I feel until I get to play it.

Why exactly does it worry you that you can't exit tanks? A tank crewman without his tank is effectively combat ineffective (ha).

This is not from a training film. The soldier pictured is Swedish. You can most easily tell by looking at the bayonet.

He's Finnish. It's Simo Hayha.

Upvote 0
It's all about creating a balance. There should be no, "them and us" mentality between old players and new players who are just joining the RO community.

TWI obviously greatly appreciate the support from long time hardcore ROOST players and old RO MOD players. They've shown this by offering superb support and free content well into the lifespan of RO (whilst the majority of other companies abandon their games after 6 months) and listening to the feedback.

However at the same time they want to attract newer players, let the game expand. So this means that RO2 might have game features that some older players might not like the sound of. That's where choice comes in, the ability to create the game the way you and your friends want to play it. This way it allows older more experienced players the chance to set realism to hardcore and the newer players joining the chance to play relaxed realism.

Not sure about anyone else but I want RO2 to be a huge success. However to do this means inviting new players into the community and not scaring them off because they want to play relaxed realism. There is room for everyone ;)

Upvote 0
With all this heated discussion about Heroes and weapon upgrades I feel the need to ask, what about the Mosin with 71 round drum magazine?

The game looks amazing, particularly the level of detail in the level design. Can't wait for Aug. 30th!

I don't know if anyone noticed this or not, but I think I see one in the snowy pic with the tank. Seems like it might be a hero weapon for Soviet leaders.

;)

Upvote 0
Why exactly does it worry you that you can't exit tanks? A tank crewman without his tank is effectively combat ineffective (ha).

I don't know about you, but just like in real life, I would want to bail out of a burning tank and live to tank another day. Burning alive doesn't sound too appealing to me. And as far as battle effectiveness, I guess you've never fought a tanker that knows how to use an SMG or Pistol.

Upvote 0
I don't know about you, but just like in real life, I would want to bail out of a burning tank and live to tank another day. Burning alive doesn't sound too appealing to me. And as far as battle effectiveness, I guess you've never fought a tanker that knows how to use an SMG or Pistol.

Point is this isnt Real Life :) it's a game meant to be fun - and i think this has enough been said already.
And being "forced" to run and walk as a tanker annoys me and is not fun to the major part of us imo. Being a tanker means, well being in a tank helping ur team, and helping ur team the best way being a tanker is, well already said it right ?
I think TWI made their choices after having thought a long time before taking that or this decision. Those guyz are smart and knowing their story - as u do i'm sure- u can trust them. And u should try to stop being worried and wait till u can put ur hands on the game and finally understand its epic beautiness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

This has been discussed to death. Let's not go into it here.

Upvote 0

Discription reads that the picture is from a 1940 German training film on operations in snow. Also I know the Gebirgsjaeger went training in Finland, so maybe they had been doing some training in Sweden too before the war? Anyway I''ve seen pictures of Gebirgjaegers with similar masks on, so I'd suppose the Germans had them as-well ;)

Finally I thought you'd notice the M96 first and not the bayonet, that was the first thing that caught my eye atleast :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aemilius
Upvote 0
I've seen the available videos out about the game, and I do keep up with the forums. And I must say that there are things that make this game more realistic than the original. Adjustable Sights for instance is great. But then I watch the videos and for every good thing I hear, I hear something that worries me, for instance the fact that you cannot exit tanks.

So, I am neither a troll or stupid. And I am thankful that Tripwire has given the option to turn off Heroes and such, because that worried me the most. But what it comes down to, is that I won't know how I feel until I get to play it.

Fair enough. Apologies for calling you a troll or stupid, but, I maintain that RO has never claimed to be perfectly historically accurate, plus any historical accuracies are minor at worst, and any questionable features designed to attract more players can be configured server side. So really, what's the worry?

Upvote 0