• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Different colors for laser sights

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
First, it is hard to see red dot on some maps because of texture coloring (like Wire, outside) or when need to aim near the fire or bright light (e.g. Hospital Horrors, rooftop).
Second, if 2 sharpshooters with M14 are aiming at the same target (mostly Fleshpound), it is easy to take your teammate's dot as yours.

I''m suggesting to allow players to choose their laser sights color. This can be implemented 2 ways:

1. By choosing color in settings or via console command;

2. Pressing Alt-fire button while holding M14 will cycle laser sights between red/green/blue/off. Chosen option should be remembered while M14 is in the player's inventory, i.e. do not turn off laser sights each time when switching to other weapon.

Reactions: Foxyfired

Why so few colors?

RainbowUnicorn.jpg

Upvote 0
Just fix the damn M14 sights and you are a good'en. I've never used the laser.

Fix the sights, sure, but why haven't you used the lasersight? You think it's cheap? Cuz they really help to make superfast close/midrange headsthots, and even on some maps where the colour is not colliding with the laser (for example, Bedlam hallway left of spawn, which is blue-ish) it's even really useful at almost maximum range!

Upvote 0
Fix the sights, sure, but why haven't you used the lasersight? You think it's cheap? Cuz they really help to make superfast close/midrange headsthots, and even on some maps where the colour is not colliding with the laser (for example, Bedlam hallway left of spawn, which is blue-ish) it's even really useful at almost maximum range!

This is going to sound odd, but I know where the center of my screen is and can pull of headshot on the fly by 'feel' (I use the term lightly) . As soon turn on the laser I become, I don't know, nervous? Unsure? Relient? and I end up missing more shots then hitting. When I'm on top form I can hit headshot after headshot with the HC without having to iron sight. In order of preference (based on how comfortable I am with them), LAR, 9mm, HC, XBOW and lastly the M14.

I also dont' think a laser fits with the whole sharpshooter motif. Much more of a commando thing, the sharpshooter shouldn't need a laser.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
This is going to sound odd, but I know where the center of my screen is and can pull of headshot on the fly by 'feel' (I use the term lightly) . As soon turn on the laser I become, I don't know, nervous? Unsure? Relient? and I end up missing more shots then hitting. When I'm on top form I can hit headshot after headshot with the HC without having to iron sight. In order of preference (based on how comfortable I am with them), LAR, 9mm, HC, XBOW and lastly the M14.
Interesting :D
Well, i have a decent "feel" to it too. However, i quite often have this problem that i aim too much to the right (with any weapon)(i guess it's cuz im a lefteyed person?), thus, the laser makes me the opposite of how you feel: It helps me aim in the right horizontal direction (vertical is no problem) and thus tremendously boost my "sureness" in my aim, so i see the laser as a tremendous help for some fast headshot-sweeping.

I also dont' think a laser fits with the whole sharpshooter motif. Much more of a commando thing, the sharpshooter shouldn't need a laser.
Agreed for sure. Swap laser and scope on M14 and SCAR and the weapons fit their roles much better :)

Upvote 0