• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROHOS on coming soon list.

I seriously doubt that Alan would say something like that, or be misquoted, without anyone denying it if that is not what they believe. It feels like a rather "safe" thing to say as they have 4 to 4.5 months sort of to release the game before it really can be considered a false statement. I have no reason not to believe this is a valid estimation, so cheers for that!

Upvote 0
Summer feels about right chronologically for the release guys. Don't forget that we were expecting beta to start before 2011 so they definitely had their time until now, almost an extra half year. And after all he didn't specify which month exactly. Probably August, which gives them some extra months to properly beta test and iron out lots of bugs. And as Snuffe said, being in beta means you have introduced to the game the features you want and now you are tweaking them or polishing them (like the campaign).

Upvote 0
Ahem, I have found....

... I had always thought these were chronologically ordered though so It took my by surprise considering if it were, then the game would be released between may 24th and the 30th. Perhaps that's when some form of a beta is rolling out, or its just a complete accident which is why I took the picture... :D

Not break your excitement, but it's been there for months :)

Upvote 0
Actually we should because that's what they explicitly told us

various TW representatives have "explicitly" said many things over the years on these forums and elsewhere.....again, that doesn't always mean one should just blindly accept it as fact due to the title of the person making the statement. for example, a TW rep once said it was not possible to remove the ability to dislike posts as part of the Helpful Answers mod that this forum uses......that was a lie. not trying to defame the character of said person, but merely illustrating the point that you should not always just take somebody's word for it simply because of their status ;)

anywho, as for the Steam list, that is quite odd where it's positioned, although i highly doubt the game will be "coming soon" i.e. then end of this month.....they just started the f&f (first stage) beta, which means still 2 more stages to go. but perhaps there might be some type of pre-order thing in the works

Upvote 0
But that is a completely different matter bswearer. What purpose is there for a TWI employee to say something like that about an estimated release "date" if there is no truth to it? Do you think it was a lie? Why would they lie?

I do think it will really come somewhere around that time but you need to remember that e.g. in here they told accidentally that there would be an open beta: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=52384

But then again, that got fixed after there came talk about it so you could believe that would be the case here too.

Upvote 0
Good. I'm also pretty certain it will be cheaper than on Steam.
I usually see games on Steam that are the same price or cheaper than their retail counterparts. I mean think about it: Steam avoids extra packing, distribution, and jacked up 3rd part retailer costs and is usually cheaper, or at the very least, priced the same. Plus Steam frequently has big discounts and preorder discounts. I remember buying RO1 $5 off when it first came out on Steam :D

Upvote 0
I usually see games on Steam that are the same price or cheaper than their retail counterparts. I mean think about it: Steam avoids extra packing, distribution, and jacked up 3rd part retailer costs and is usually cheaper, or at the very least, priced the same. Plus Steam frequently has big discounts and preorder discounts. I remember buying RO1 $5 off when it first came out on Steam :D

Yeah.. maybe in the US. Here in europe, all new games on steam cost 75 bucks. It's crazy.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah that's right ... I've heard about that. Sucks to live in Europe in regards to Steam, then.

Hmm I wonder why it costs so much more? There must be a logical reason.

iirc, steam says they are taking different tax levels in europe into account. Personally, I think bullcrap. I have yet to see a place in europe where a game costs 75 bucks retail, even at launch. It's probably some lobbyist crap to keep traditional game stores from going out of business. But that's another discussion.

Upvote 0