• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

prone collision

I like the idea behind prone collision, but not if your avatar is acting like a 2x4. So, instead of swinging 'round on your belly and stopping dead when your legs hit a wall (or blocking surface for that matter), maybe you could incorporate some extra movements after the initial collision. A good example would be bending at the waist.

That would be nice but it would be alot of work I guess, besides the collision code they also have to animate it then. I'm not sure how GTA 4 does it (never played it but from what I've seen) how the character can be an animate ragdoll when he's drunk. Some news about how it is in HOS from a dev would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
since i dont know how to do this kinda stuff so it sounds overly simple to me,
~why not just have like a invisible box around each leg,and when that box touchs wall or a object, that will tell the model to curl that leg up by his butt?~
i mean it sounds logical, it sounds easy to do, their doesnt even have to be a animation for it ,just have it appear up lol

Upvote 0