• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Damage Check

I have been making a bunch of new perks with new weapons and creating new damage types for those weapons. Some perks use damage just from the weapons they spawn with. It depends if you want one perk to have a stat, like damage with Beretta. So using a Beretta while you are a different perk doesnt increase your new perks level. Or you prefer the level to increase regardless of the perk used.

Like how KF does by default. You can level Demo without ever playing demo. I personally dont care for that so i make a new damage type. So you can only level the new perk by playing the new perk. It doesnt take much effort to do it.

If you could provide me with specific details i might be able to assist you. You might look at tracking Kills instead of total damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right im having a problem with my two systems (member system & vip system) working together. Im trying to get it to work so if the player is EITHER a member OR a vip, let them use the perk. For some reason when I alter the if conditions, they stop working and not allow either.

Code:
 if( VetType==None 
  || !SelectionOK(VetType) 
  || ( ( VetType == class'SRVetUberMedic' || VetType == class'SRVetSniper' ) && MyStatsObject.IsFsMember != 1 ) 
  || ( VetType == class'SRVetDualWeilder' && ( MyStatsObject.IsFsMember != 1 || MyStatsObject.IsVIPMember != 1 ) ) )
 {
  if ( ( VetType == class'SRVetUberMedic' || VetType == class'SRVetSniper' ) && MyStatsObject.IsFsMember != 1 )
   PlayerOwner.ClientMessage("You're not a FluXiMember so you can not access this perk");

[COLOR=red]  else if ( VetType == class'SRVetDualWeilder' && ( MyStatsObject.IsFsMember != 1 || MyStatsObject.IsVIPMember != 1 ) )[/COLOR]
   PlayerOwner.ClientMessage("You're not a VIP so you can not access this perk");

else if( !bSwitchIsOKNow )
   PlayerOwner.ClientMessage("Your have not unlocked this perk yet. Do the requirements to unlock.");

return;
 }

Can someone have a look and see if i've made a mistake please? It compiles properly but will give me the "You're not a VIP so you can not access this perk" message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0