• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console player here

Keen_Paladin

Apr 21, 2011
I been a console gamer only since PS1 and xbox. I own a 360, ps3 and today I bought a laptop. I wanted to go to steam to check it out, I got Red orchestra and was impressed, very fun but I cannot use the mouse and keyboard well. I decided to do research and found RO2::HOS and must say it looks really awesome. Problem is I dont know if my laptop could handle it. Im sure it isnt coming to consoles, so I wanted to buy it on PC. Anyone know the system requirements? Im a noob to PC gaming.

Trust me, you'll learn the mouse and keyboard controls right quick, especially the mouse, but the keyboard is no problem once you've gotten a comfortable handposition into muscle memory.

And as Nezzer noted, i think we all expect the system specs of RO2 to be slightly higher than thouse estimated by Steam, so pretty much thouse, but a bit higher.

Upvote 0
Trust me, you'll learn the mouse and keyboard controls right quick, especially the mouse, but the keyboard is no problem once you've gotten a comfortable handposition into muscle memory.

And as Nezzer noted, i think we all expect the system specs of RO2 to be slightly higher than thouse estimated by Steam, so pretty much thouse, but a bit higher.

But it could be that the game will be playable on older systems too after tweaking a bit here and there

Btw. Here's an official word about something at least: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49829#13

Last edited:
Upvote 0
a console version of heroes is coming. they won't deny it. question is when? with pc release or a year or more later.

yes i would agree the pc version will be better in some ways, like mods but we can't say if they will be good or not. we have no idea if the a.i. will be any good. we know nothing. they tell us nothing. i too need a new pc but its best to wait till the game is out to decide to build one or not.

a console version would have some advantages. i do play the first red orchestra. well i try. just checked it out and there are only 8 servers on a saturday. they all running weird mods that takes time to d/l. lots of time. when i do find a server the game is fun. i see no stock servers. some of the mods aren't as good as some think.

also, on pc the servers are run and owned/rented whatever by whoever and they all have their own rules. while some are cool, some are very annoying. the other day i was playing and used artillery, which is part of the game. they got all upset and said i had to follow their dumb rules or get kicked/banned. so i had to obey cause there aren't that many servers to choose from.

yes a console version will be different and scaled down. just saying pc gaming isn't perfect either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
a console version of heroes is coming. they won't deny it. question is when? with pc release or a year or more later.

yes i would agree the pc version will be better in some ways, like mods but we can't say if they will be good or not. we have no idea if the a.i. will be any good. we know nothing. they tell us nothing. i too need a new pc but its best to wait till the game is out to decide to build one or not.

a console version would have some advantages. i do play the first red orchestra. well i try. just checked it out and there are only 8 servers on a saturday. they all running weird mods that takes time to d/l. lots of time. when i do find a server the game is fun. i see no stock servers. some of the mods aren't as good as some think.

also, on pc the servers are run and owned/rented whatever by whoever and they all have their own rules. while some are cool, some are very annoying. the other day i was playing and used artillery, which is part of the game. they got all upset and said i had to follow their dumb rules or get kicked/banned. so i had to obey cause there aren't that many servers to choose from.

yes a console version will be different and scaled down. just saying pc gaming isn't perfect either.

WHAT :eek:

My laptop has

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

AMD Athlon( II P340 Dual-Core Processor

3 gigs of memory

graphics card according my computer is

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 with dedicated 252 MB memory

I dont know a lot about this stuff but Im willing to learn and hopefully play RO2. but I have my doubts.

It would seem that your system would at least struggle to cope with it if it could run it at all. Your graphics card is the bottleneck there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I highly recommend using an external mouse, instead of a mousepad for gaming on the laptop.

As far as system specs go, we don't know, but it's a good guess you won't need a top of the line system. Middle of the line will probably be fine, based one TWI's history and the fact it's based on Unreal Engine 3, which while it'll be an improved version, isn't exactly cutting edge anymore.

Reactions: GuntherKraag
Upvote 0

No, not confirmed, all TWI has said is that they are not against the idea of doing a Console version at some later point, but that is absolutely no garuentee that they will.

Infact, i doubt they have even decided on it yet, and they probably won't till the PC version is done, and they have some free time to do some test builds and see how well it does or doesen't port to a Console, and don't expect any official word on it till then.

I highly recommend using an external mouse, instead of a mousepad for gaming on the laptop.

I woulden't recommend it, i would say it's a requirement for any FPS game.

If your laptop happens to have one of thouse clit-mice, then it can be used, but it's not as good as a propper mouse, and modern laptops allmost never have clit-mice, i haven't seen one for many many years.
But thouse horrid pad-mice are absolutely useless for FPS games, they are just not good enough, they don't have the accuracy, nor the range of motion, and you can't get a good enough hand position to play for any length of time, your hand will cramp up something horrible after a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
I been a console gamer only since PS1 and xbox. I own a 360, ps3 and today I bought a laptop. I wanted to go to steam to check it out, I got Red orchestra and was impressed, very fun but I cannot use the mouse and keyboard well. I decided to do research and found RO2::HOS and must say it looks really awesome. Problem is I dont know if my laptop could handle it. Im sure it isnt coming to consoles, so I wanted to buy it on PC. Anyone know the system requirements? Im a noob to PC gaming.
First of all, welcome to the forums and PC gaming!

Second, regarding your specs, your laptop would at the very least struggle with the game, but until we have actual system requirements you won't know for sure. One nice thing about the base UE3 engine in general is that it scales back pretty well to older systems. Of course RO2 is using a greatly enhanced version, so it's kind of a crapshoot at this point.

Regarding keyboard and mouse, you'll get used to it. It's probably the most easy to use system around for playing FPS games (FPS games started on the PC). It just takes a bit of practice. That said, if you have to use a gamepad I wouldn't be surprised if they were supported at launch, allowing you to map controls to the gamepad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like I may have to build a new PC when I get money then. My friend knows how to, I may let him build it for me with the parts I buy. Afterall, he introduced me to PC gaming. On RO2 console version, I kinda wish they would bring it to consoles. They should port it from PC, scale it down if they have to and trim what cant fit. I know a lot of people like me are getting BF3 on consoles, BUT if they make this game for 360, I can see some stiff competition alone between the two. Consoles would have never had a game like this. With Shooter fatigue this is something we would eat up. But back on PC, I took interest in this game because it intrigued me like BF3.

I like what it is doing and introducing. I do think this game is worth my time and money for a built PC. But I cant help as a console player wonder how good this would be on a platform like the 360. What do I know though right?

Upvote 0
TWI has said that these specs are FAR off and have nothing to do with what HoS will require.

They say its a placeholder not that its very far off, twi simply doesn't know untill loads of people end up playing it. They have hinted that it will likely need at the least a dual core processor.

and @ forgottenhero, in the lastest few Crosshairs interviews it seems that TWI has put off the thought of putting RO to the consoles. Or atleast the same version as on the pc. Even if it comes to the console it will probably be half a year to a full year after the pc release.

A trick for mouse and keyboard is making sure your mouse speed isn't too fast, it is easier to get good with a slow mouse speed and a lot of desk space for moving your mouse. For me about 40 cm is equal to an 180 degree turn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0