• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should I buy this?

Its really an amazing game, I just bought it a couple of months ago and its well worth the money. However, It does have a very steep learning curve so don't be put off by that. Also, its an older game developed by like 5 devs so it does have some quirks like unbreakable actions.

If you find it too steep for you tastes, don't be dissuaded from getting HoS, its supposed to have a more shallow, extended learning curve and will be awesome whether you are new to RO or a mod veteran.

So to answer your question, yes, you should get it.

Upvote 0
You should definately buy it , because RO is unique in FPS genre. It offers very flexible level of simulation, which is not that hardcore as Arma , but much mroe complicated than call of duty of BF Bad company.
If you like shooters this game will keep you involved for several months minimum.

PS I started in 2004 and stopped active play only after the release of BC 2 in 2010. :)

Upvote 0
I bought it the other day and have enjoyed so far but I find it extremely difficult at times. I favor a bolt but find the sway and the movement of the avatar more challenging than I care for. I hope the new game is a little more easier to play. Does anyone have any suggestions on tweaking my mouse to help out a bit?
you will get better, but there are hard lessons to learn

Upvote 0
Yeah and trial and error, feel free to tweak and try. I suggest you put windows mouse sensitivity to middle position and turn enhance pointer precision off, also in-game take mouse smoothing off and reduce mouse lag off if you dont need it i.e. your mouse doesnt lag when it is off, those should make aiming easier.

Upvote 0
Yeah and trial and error, feel free to tweak and try. I suggest you put windows mouse sensitivity to middle position and turn enhance pointer precision off, also in-game take mouse smoothing off and reduce mouse lag off if you dont need it i.e. your mouse doesnt lag when it is off, those should make aiming easier.

Thanks I will try that :D

Upvote 0
I bought it the other day and have enjoyed so far but I find it extremely difficult at times. I favor a bolt but find the sway and the movement of the avatar more challenging than I care for. I hope the new game is a little more easier to play. Does anyone have any suggestions on tweaking my mouse to help out a bit?
You do know that standing and aiming down the sights produces sway more quickly and more pronounced than when in crouch and that sway is even less when prone and done to none when your weapon is rested on an object don't you?

Standing = more sway more quickly
Crouch = less sway more slowly
Prone = minimal sway
Rested against something = no sway

If your gun starts to sway in iron sights while standing, drop your weapon from iron sights and then re-aim. Holding it up too long is where the sway comes in.

And you do realize that running to near exhaustion and then trying to aim down the sights while standing produces more sway too?

If your having trouble aiming because of mouse sensitivity, then turn it down. With my particular equipment, my mouse sensitivity in game is 0.75. Do it while on a server and playing or it won't "stick" in the configuration.

Upvote 0
Yes I do realize all this but thanks anyway and thanks for the mouse info. I'm used to firing my bolt on the move and I guess all those years of cod are going to be hard shake . I'm finding the controls very hard to get used to due to the fact that I am having to remap my brain lol. Also I'm new over here and apologize in advance if some of the topics I post have already been discussed on other threads. Thanks again for the reply.

Upvote 0