• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PlayStation 3

I think that the game should come out for Ps3 too, beecause my computer is slow and i know at least 5 friends with ps3s who i know would buy it

no. learn to build a pc. it takes about half an hour of research, an hour more if you're a child/teenager who doesn't understand anything about how computers work.

once you've done that, you can start saving money. i built my current i7920 pc and its components by purchasing from a wholesaler. it didn't cost more than 600 dollars combined. a ps3 with its overpriced selection of inferior quality games will run you up to a thousand dollars by the time you've bought anything worthwhile. it only has 2 or 3 games that aren't complete trash.

thank you.

Upvote 0
:)
Though you'll have to admit, a console version of RO2 would probably blow all other console FPS out of the water.

I'll stick with the PC version for sure, but for those unwilling to invest 1000$-4000$ into a decent gaming rig (but who somehow own a current generation console), a 60$ "console version" RO2 would be a good purchase, IMO.

But then again, developing RO2 for the consoles takes time: time which -might- be better invested in, say, an expansion pack...

Upvote 0
I think that the game should come out for Ps3 too, beecause my computer is slow and i know at least 5 friends with ps3s who i know would buy it

Is not an impossibility, but if it were released for PS3, it would happen after the PC release, and you'd probably be missing out a lot of the community made content and mods.

You'll need at least a dual core processor and a graphics card with shader model 3 to play RO2, Is not much, and i can tell you, its gonna be worth it. I own myself a PS3, and I don't think it would be as fun to play this kind of game on one, rather than on a PC.

So, its not impossible, but don't count on it, and of course, the recommendation is to get it for the PC for the full experience.

To the console haters:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
TWI is still small size studio and working on two different game versions at same time ain't possible I'm afraid.

If you really like RO2 features it's highly recommended to get a PC for couple reasons:
- RO2 has so many great features because it is PC only game (TWI is great developer studio of course too ;))
- RO2 isn't multiplatform casual product
- for RO2 are developed great mods already: Rising Storm, Iron Europe and In Country: Vietnam, many many more after release
- RO2 won't be dumbed down and ported to console or vice versa (sorry does how it work!)
- PCs and PC games are cheap in these days

I'm also afraid that after RO2 release TWI is going to keep upgrading/patching RO2, supporting mod studios and competitive playground. We shouldn't forget about their second game sequel, Killing Floor 2 which I hope to play someday.

I'm sure You and friends of you really enjoy PC only RO2 version, it will be worth to get new PC.

Upvote 0
Eh, I disagree with most posts.

I think a console version of RO just wouldn't work. Most console gamers love run and gun games with aim assist.

Secondly, most of the time on console, a team barely works together (No matter what the game). And in RO, that's what you need.

The last time I saw some console teamwork, I was playing Socom 2 on PS2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
TW could outsource the console version to a devteam that knows the PS3 well.
The hired devteam have the work, but TW is the company who gets the $$$ for every sold console copy. :)

even if its a tuned down version of HOS it would be proberly better than COD.
And I wont care cause I play PC, but many console players will be happy...

Upvote 0