• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Wondering about general tips/skills for suicidal/HoE

Banji

Jan 15, 2011
Hey all, I'm pretty new to the forums and I've had the game for a fair long time.

Lately I've been getting into HoE and mainly playing suicidal, and I was wondering if there were any general skills/tactics regarding perk roles (e.g. explaination of the axe stun) and such that differ in these difficulties as opposed to those easier.

I'm not new to the game so I don't need a run down of everything, just wanna get into good habits on harder difficulties before wiping the team out :p

I play any and all perks cause I'm cool like that : / lol.

Oh and if it matters,my perks are:

Medic - 6
Support - 6
Sharpy - 6
Commando - 4
Berzerker - 3
Firebug - 4
Demo - 6

**I'd like to add that it would be appreciative if many KF veterans could leave their input here in regards to the jump from hard > suicidal/HoE as I believe there are many out there like me who are unsure about going up in difficulties due to the thought of screwing a team over :)

Last edited:
I'm sure someone here can go into more detail if you want, but not me. :p I never really play commando, firebug or demolitions but have been around enough good and bad players who do.

Medic - always heal, focus on healing and survival. Also if your team is low and is about to get destroyed by a scrake/fp, it's good to block for them and take the hits due to your armour.

Sharpie - xbow generally preferred over ebr, aim for the husks, sirens, scrakes, and even fp's (though you'll need help for the fp's). line up shots and make every one count, don't spam.

Commando - kill everything up to a husk, especially crawlers and stalkers. Don't spam unless you have to, similar to sharpie go for high quality shots whenever possible. I personally prefer to use scar in semi auto unless I have to unload but I'm not the most qualified person to answer that. ;)

Support - shoot the mobs at as point blank range as much as possible or else you'll probably run out of ammo. Generally don't anger fp's/scrakes, but unload into them when they're raging/charging.

Berserker - probably the deepest class to play and so much you can do/so many ways to play it. There are plenty of topics and videos floating around on these forums going over various tactics.

Demo - deal lots of damage with pipes and law/m32. Either lessen the mobs from a distance or deal lots of damage to the big mobs. Place pipes defensively or else they'll quickly be destroyed by headless bloats and siren screams. Don't create unnecessary smoke!

Firebug - think of this as offensive support, light everything on fire except husks, scrakes (unless it's a last ditch effort) and fp's. When using Mac 10 use it in semi-auto and rely on the burn damage. Don't blind people with flames unless you're trying to hold down an area.

Upvote 0
I'm sure someone here can go into more detail if you want, but not me. :p I never really play commando, firebug or demolitions but have been around enough good and bad players who do.

Medic - always heal, focus on healing and survival. Also if your team is low and is about to get destroyed by a scrake/fp, it's good to block for them and take the hits due to your armour.

Sharpie - xbow generally preferred over ebr, aim for the husks, sirens, scrakes, and even fp's (though you'll need help for the fp's). line up shots and make every one count, don't spam.

Commando - kill everything up to a husk, especially crawlers and stalkers. Don't spam unless you have to, similar to sharpie go for high quality shots whenever possible. I personally prefer to use scar in semi auto unless I have to unload but I'm not the most qualified person to answer that. ;)

Support - shoot the mobs at as point blank range as much as possible or else you'll probably run out of ammo. Generally don't anger fp's/scrakes, but unload into them when they're raging/charging.

Berserker - probably the deepest class to play and so much you can do/so many ways to play it. There are plenty of topics and videos floating around on these forums going over various tactics.

Demo - deal lots of damage with pipes and law/m32. Either lessen the mobs from a distance or deal lots of damage to the big mobs. Place pipes defensively or else they'll quickly be destroyed by headless bloats and siren screams. Don't create unnecessary smoke!

Firebug - think of this as offensive support, light everything on fire except husks, scrakes (unless it's a last ditch effort) and fp's. When using Mac 10 use it in semi-auto and rely on the burn damage. Don't blind people with flames unless you're trying to hold down an area.

Thanks for that :) I've got all the basic stuff down, I'd just like to thoroughly know the intricate's of each class' advanced technique's that aren't really needed to be accounted for below hard. I just don't understand zerker o-o I like the class, just the choices T_T

Upvote 0
First rule, DO NOT play HoE and suicidal on public server if you want ANY CHANCE to win.

And this is what I do and it seems to work pretty well for me.

First wave, no matter what perk you want to play, spawn as sharpshotoer to get $600, and then switch to berserker during the first 10 second before the wave starts.

Medic: katana + M79 + medic gun. (buy katana after first wave and then switch to demo to play wave 2) Of cos, keep healing, and kill groups of crawlers with M79. If you team dont seems to be able to kill that fleshpounds, two nades + M79 shot can still do much more damage than you may think of. And tank that raging fleshpound. Dont tank scrake unless your teamate is goin to die. You should prepared for the worst, you need that armour for fleshpounds.

Support: AA12 + hunting shotgun. If I am really bore, i may use LAW + aa12. Use more hunting shotgun, or you may found yourself having 40+ shots at the end of the wave. Two alt-fire of hunting shot gun is better than emptying one clip of aa12 (that's 1/5 of your ammo!) on fleshpounds or scrakes. And only aim for the head of gorefasts to kill them with one shot. On clots, you may also want to kill those crawlers behind, so just aim for body. Crouch when needed. The penetration is REALLY GOOD.

Commando: I use M32 + ak now. M32 when a big group of trash comes. With reload bonus, M32 is really good. And this loadout you need to completely ignore scrakes. Keep killing those trash behind them EVEN 3 scrakes is charging. You cant help much anyway. Keep everything else from teamates. And 2 nade + 6 M32 shots can bring an fp down to around 30% health (if you dont miss toooooo badly). This make the fleshpound much easier to kill (one hunting shotgun alt-fire from 6lv support for example, will kill him). You should have enough ammo on the ak because you use one shot of the M32 on groups of crawlers instead if one clip of your ak.

Sharpshooter: If you can use the M14 well, use it. This gun can take out anything. But if you cannot, stick with xbow. And dont be the one to rage fleshpounds, when he rages, put 1-2 arrow into his head, that's all. Pay your attention to scrakes and husks. Sirens too in some cases.

Berserker: I use katana + axe + M79 and YOU NEED A MEDIC. If no medic is in the team, I basically will not play berserker. Bacause when dealing with endless clots, those swarm of crawlers WILL hit you no matter how you try. Switch to your ranged weapon will result in getting hit by gorefasts, etc. And you are the one standing at the front line, so teammate cannot kill crawlers fast enough. When scrakes comes, retreat and switch to axe, M79 once if needed. Then keep stun the scrake by hitting his head with axe. Hit him from the back will stun him by body hit of katana (alt-fire). But axe is better, so use what you think is best depending on suituation. And remember, you CAN survive a raging fleshpound's attack even without armour. So tank fleshpounds when needed. And back stab a raging fleshpound if you have the chance. (and back stab a fleshpound will instan-rage him)

Firebug: I dont like this perk, I only play when I get bored, so... I leave this to pros of firebug.

Demo: No wonder, M32 + M79 is the way to go. Try not to use M32 unless you really have to. This can ensure you to have 7 GL shots all the time. Then you dont need to panic when something gone wrong. Direct hit of GL shots in the chest can stun husks. And you dont always want a direct hit. For example, a line of gorefasts is coming, if you shoot the first one, you may kill it or bring it dow nto low health (depending on number fo players), but those in tha back will not get hurt. So you may want to hit the wall or the ground further away to stun them all. For bigs, ignore scrakes. Even you can do hugh damage, you end up wasting too much ammo on a single scrake. But for fleshpounds, 5 directhit in the chest will kill a 6-man HoE pound. Even if you miss some, spamming 6 GL shots still bring him very very near to die. And dont even try to buy pipe bombs UNLESS you full load both GL and your granades and no one needs money. Granade + GL is extremely powerful. 1 nade + 1GL shot will kill everthing in that area up to husk. So you have 24 + 36 GL shots, and 11 of them is "powerful shots". When double pound spawns, 2 nades + 6 GL shot will most likely kill one of them and the other one is very low on health. (so use M79 in other cases, remember?:))

Upvote 0

One of the most important things a medic can do would be to meatshield / body block any scrakes or fleshpounds. If you can get in front of their legs and duck, seems to minimize the damage they do.

Upvote 0
If you've got a medic who can heal you, or players who aren't stingy with their syringes, I'd say berserker. It's almost a given that you will lose your armor eventually as either perk if you do your best to tank hits on hard or above.

The medic's self healing capabilities can sort of balance this out, but you also sacrifice offense for it.

Upvote 0
I personally find playing a berserker boring. It is a great class, and there are many good players that use it, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I would rather shoot stuff. With that said, I do enjoy using a machete for emergencies or cheap clot/crawler killing. I also prefer carrying a pump+deag with hunty over the AA12. I use it when I am in the mood, but the pump seems more versatile, does more damage per shot, has more penetration, and the best range.

Upvote 0
keep the team small. a demo, support and commando is core choice, a large team will have more chance of one person getting hurt or dying due to increase health of speciments. eg if u have 10meter to kill a scrake. for 3 people only have to do a fraction of the damage thats needed for 6 people thus more damage needed in the same distance, some one in the team will get hurt and possibly die. some people can argue more guns, but consider a fp, unless there are more demo/gl users on the team to compensate the additional number of people then someone will get hurt. i have beaten biohazard with that setup most of the time with armour in tack if i didnt miss the hunting shotgun blast

Upvote 0
2-Man Strategy in Biotics HOE

2-Man Strategy in Biotics HOE

Hi All,

Here's a 2-man team strategy on beating Patriarch on HOE Biotics.

Me and another friend managed to get our HOE on Biotics 2 days ago on this configuration:

From Wave 1-10:

1 X Sharp (lev 6) - HC Xbow
1 X Support (lev 6) - Double barrel hunting shotgun

- Support will clear crawlers, clots and gorefast, invisible *****es
- Sharp will clear others
- From wave 1-6, Sharp will support Support in clearing masses with HC
- From Wave 7-10, Sharp will need to ammass one extra xbow
- From Wave 7-10, Sharp will use xbow 100% of the time, as there will be constant flow of scrakes, sirens, husks and not forgetting FPs.

Wave 11:

1 X Demo
1 X Support

- Lay pipes along any alley in a separate clustered formation, note do NOT stack pipes.
- Due to the small number of players, Pat's health will not be too high and pipes can be taken down within 2 passes of pipes (usually just need one pass).
- If there a need for a second pass (pat did not die the first time), demo need to relay the pipes on the same spot again.

We have tried this tactic twice and it has worked for us both times.

I will be posting our video capture in youtube soon, some rendering in progress.

For others who have attempted other maps on HOE successfully, do share your configurations!

Good luck guys!

Upvote 0