• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Britain Needs YOU

images

Would you like to serve Crown and Country?
Feel the Need for adventure?
Need some Dosh?
Want to prevent yourself from dieing huddled in a corner eaten by hairless abominations?
Then Join the Royal Defense Force Today!
Job Description
Been looking for the job of a lifetime? This is it! We will drop you off at a determined location, where you and some coworkers will be PAID to defend themselves. Here at the RDF, we live by the motto "Give a man a gun, and he'll kill for a wave. Give a man an arms dealer, and he'll kill for Ten."* You see, we will not only supply you with transportation, a premium Boey knife (while supplies last) and a 9mm handgun, but a team-wide arms dealer for the comfort and safety of our employees! This goes hand in hand with our merit system: no seniority here, we pay for hard work. Because that is the RDF way.
* No seriously, we're dumping you into the battle with a knife and gun so you can pay with your own wages to survive to make more. On the bright side, it's more satisfying work than flipping burgers!
Employee Benefits
We are devoted to ensuring our employees have the safest and most comfortable work enviorments possible, as well as the addition of mutiple employee benefits for your satisfaction. We offer free life insurance; FREE.And with survival rates this low, you can be sure this will pay off. We also have the forementioned meritocracy, where employees can always aim for the stars, and be rewarded. Also, if you sign up TODAY, we will include a FREE Welding and Medicine Pack (Med and Welding apparatus courtesy of Horzine Inc.). Now that's an offer. But wait, there's more! Employees will be paid a notable sum of money in advance. That's right; on your flight, you will be paid before you even show up at work, and considerably so. You see, that's our other motto: "A lazy elf is a dead elf"...oh wait, wrong file, excuse me; its actually "A happy trooper is a trooper that dies in slightly more time".
Job Requirements
Now, I'm sure your all riling and ready to go; and guess what, if you see this as your next dream-job, then your in luck! The only requirements are that you can run a certain speed, than your fit to be a regular employee; no internships or lower wages early on! Of course, if you run slower than something we call "a bloat", then we won't spoil your fun; you can even get promoted, if you manage to survive past the first wave (unfortunately, Class D employees are only given Boeing Combat Knives, so we highly recommend you not be fat, injured, or dead). We are confident that, in only a few hours after start of shift, that our employees will be fit in no time! No lengthy training or bootcamp required! There is, however, also an intelligence and aiming test; you must be able to fire a weapon. If you cannot do this, you may run the risk of being demoted to employee Class D.​
FAQs
QWill we be given any weapons beyond the 9mm or knife?
AYou will also be given grenades, a welder, and medicine, unless you have been an approved "Rank 5" in specialized tasks, but we will explain to you that system another time.
QThis "Rank specialization" seems interesting. Go on
AThis is an extension of our merit-driven system; if you prove you won't die in 3 seconds, we will start to consider giving you whatever you are least likely to shoot youself with
QWait...so you just throw us out with a knife and pistol and other junk?!
ADon't forget an arms dealer
QWhy doesn't SHE just kill them and supply us off the bat?
AWell she isn't the sad sap joining the RDF is she?
QWhat dangers will we be facing?
AWe won't be too specific (its classified), but we may give you useful tips en-route to ensure the most pleasant of work experiences
QWait a sec...did I just read we are paying with our own wages to do what you should be giving us?
A No one is making you buy guns here, we are simply suggesting it and bringing a dealer. You are free to choose what you spend it on, be it a movie, a fancy dinner, or a rocket launcher.
Q Why is the money you just gave me shrinking and dissapearing?
A To be totally honest, we are not sure ourselves; you may want to check in with the scientific reports being done at the moment. They are quite enlightening, but at the moment no one theory is proven true.​

Last edited:
<Roleplay, awesome :D>

Jester: Pvt. FaTaL J* reporting in Sir! *Salute*

Commander: Ah... new meat for the grinder... You don't look much like soldier to me son, what makes you think you got the stomach to join my beloved core?

Jester: Sir I have extensive qualifications in the area of Field Medic and extensive experience in performing emergency first aid in combat situations Sir!

Commander: Well holy dog **** son, good for you, we are always looking for promising Medical personnel to provide support to our men when they are being attacked by ravenous freaks and shambling horrors, do you think you can handle it?

Jester: Sir yes Sir!

Commander: I don't believe you son, I'm not sure you know the difference between a needle and a bobby pin. Do you faint at the sight of blood Private J*?

Jester: Sir, No Sir!

Commander: Bull****, I bet you drop flat the moment you'd see a paper cut, am I right in that assessment Private J*?

Jester: Sir No Sir!

Commander: Well then sound off like you got a pair! I said CAN YOU HANDLE IT!?

Jester: SIR YES SIR!

Commander: Very good private, what rank are you?

Jester: Sir, I have been awarded 5 red stars and 1 gold star for my performance in the field. I have also been awarded a commendation for completing all current Medic training courses to their maximum degree Sir!

Commander: Well damn son that's exactly what I wanted to hear. We're gonna be dropping you right into the center of this God damned mess with our other elite troopers. If you're sure you can handle it I expect you do your job and let them do theirs. Stick together and work with your squad, I don't want to see any hero's out there.

Commander: Captain give this greenhorn a Kevlar Vest and a Mp7 along with his standard loadout, I think he should be able to handle the rest himself from here.

Jester: Sir Yes Sir, Thankyou Sir!

Commander: Note that their is a air compressed dart attachment for your Mp7 son. This is the Mp7M model. Use this to assist you in performing your role out there in the field. Now suit up and get out into this Hell On Earth! You best do me proud boy or I will most definately **** you up!

Jester: Sir Thankyou Sir, I will do my best Sir!

Commander: You bet your *** you will Private. I'll be watching you. Dismissed!

<Randomly inspired by Gunnery Sgt Hartman :)>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am sorry, I don't wanna join. You said nothing about getting paid for it :troll:

but I did! You see, the RDF goes on a merit system, as I said, and we pay our employees finely based on what you do out there. Your wages are in no way effected by your seniority either; so a recruit like you gets the same money for ten zeds as a veteran who kills those same ten. Such was outlined before, but I'm sure that you will nonetheless pass our intelligence test.

Our trust is the same as our trust in a lazy elf...oh sorry again, after Christmas my speeches keep getting mixed up. Heh heh, just nevermind that, and get yourself into the RDF TODAY!

Upvote 0
<Roleplay, awesome :D>

Jester: Pvt. FaTaL J* reporting in Sir! *Salute*

Commander: Ah... new meat for the grinder... You don't look much like soldier to me son, what makes you think you got the stomach to join my beloved core?

Jester: Sir I have extensive qualifications in the area of Field Medic and extensive experience in performing emergency first aid in combat situations Sir!

Commander: Well holy dog **** son, good for you, we are always looking for promising Medical personnel to provide support to our men when they are being attacked by ravenous freaks and shambling horrors, do you think you can handle it?

Commander: I don't believe you son, I'm not sure you know the difference between a needle and a bobby pin. Do you faint at the sight of blood Private J*?

Jester: Sir, No Sir!

Commander: Bull****, I bet you drop flat the moment you'd see a paper cut, am I right in that assessment Private J*?

Jester: Sir No Sir!

Commander: Well then sound off like you got a pair! I said CAN YOU HANDLE IT!?

Jester: SIR YES SIR!

Commander: Very good private, what rank are you?

Jester: Sir, I have been awarded 5 red stars and 1 gold star for my performance in the field. I have also been awarded a commendation for completing all current Medic training courses to their maximum degree Sir!

Commander: Well damn son that's exactly what I wanted to hear. We're gonna be dropping you right into the center of this God damned mess with our other elite troopers. If you're sure you can handle it I expect you do your job and let them do theirs. Stick together and work with your squad, I don't want to see any hero's out there.

Commander: Captain give this greenhorn a Kevlar Vest and a Mp7 along with his standard loadout, I think he should be able to handle the rest himself from here.

Jester: Sir Yes Sir, Thankyou Sir!

Commander: Note that their is a air compressed dart attachment for your Mp7 son. This is the Mp7M model. Use this to assist you in performing your role out there in the field. Now suit up and get out into this Hell On Earth! You best do me proud boy or I will most definately **** you up!

Jester: Sir Thankyou Sir, I will do my best Sir!

Commander: You bet your *** you will Private. I'll be watching you. Dismissed!

<Randomly inspired by Gunnery Sgt Hartman :)>

That you, John Wayne?

Upvote 0