• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Steam Killing Floor Forums Need Our Help!

noupperlobeman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Corning, New York
Hello fellow Killers of Floors. I am an avid forum goer of many different games. I've seen a lot of things, but the steam killing floor forums blow my mind.

The steam killing floor forums are jam packed with players who, for lack of a better way to put it, have absolutely little idea at how the game actually works.

I see statements like "The firebug can kill trash mobs, but he can't kill scrakes and fleshpounds. That makes it a bad perk" and "I had way more kills than the other perks on my team, what a bunch of noobs not pulling their weight" all the time over there! Statements like that have caused me to make an impromptu quick game guide over there, but I fear it wont be enough to help some of these people get into the right state of mind about killing floor.

I suggest anyone reading this to get over to the steam forums post haste, because help is needed. These players are in desperate need of information from more experienced players than myself. I urge you all to sign up for the steam forums and start posting!

Heres the link to the Killing Floor Steam forums page

And heres the link to my quick guide

**Edited for wording**

Last edited:
Reactions: Salad Snake
While I believe your intentions are admirable I personally feel teh steam forums are a lost cause.

I spent 10 minutes in the TF2 forums and face palmed so many times it made my head spin and my hand sore. What was even worse was everyone was agreeing with them...

TBH I'm kinda afraid what might happen if I went into the KF steam forums... I think I might just launch myself out my bedroom window...

Upvote 0
While I believe your intentions are admirable I personally feel teh steam forums are a lost cause.

I spent 10 minutes in the TF2 forums and face palmed so many times it made my head spin and my hand sore. What was even worse was everyone was agreeing with them...

TBH I'm kinda afraid what might happen if I went into the KF steam forums... I think I might just launch myself out my bedroom window...
^ steam forums is like a wild animal. It can never be tamed.

Upvote 0
Steam forums are full of despair and hatred, so calm on these forums and less trolling.

trolling is fun... as long as you are not the trollee :troll:

but yeah, the steam forums are filled with angry little people that usually don't know much about what they are talking about, and also believe they are experts on the matter at hand.

Upvote 0
trolling is fun... as long as you are not the trollee :troll:

but yeah, the steam forums are filled with angry little people that usually don't know much about what they are talking about, and also believe they are experts on the matter at hand.

That too me, sounds like every forum EVER.

I found my way here from Steam. I hardly ever post, my opinion would be squashed here with all these leet posts from uber playaz.

Upvote 0
The killing floor steam forums do not need your help. Furthermore any opinion that disagrees with yours is not wrong, just different. Seriously this whole thread is a flamewar waiting to happen. What will that accomplish? People disagree with you and their going to be right on somethings and wrong on others. Just because this small section of the KF community has overrun this forum and decided on how this game should be played does not make them right, or more mature then other gamers. We all play the same game and one of the things that makes it good is the number of different ways to play it.

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
The killing floor steam forums do not need your help. Furthermore any opinion that disagrees with yours is not wrong, just different. Seriously this whole thread is a flamewar waiting to happen. What will that accomplish? People disagree with you and their going to be right on somethings and wrong on others. Just because this small section of the KF community has overrun this forum and decided on how this game should be played does not make them right, or more mature then other gamers. We all play the same game and one of the things that makes it good is the number of different ways to play it.

There sure are quite a few different ways to play it. Thousands in fact.

But only a few are effective.

I don't care of someone disagrees with me with a differing opinion. I do, however, have a problem with people who try to argue against proven facts. Which is what the steam forums is best for. You can defend the steam forums all you want. Its still not going to stop me from thinking that i'ts full of keyboard warriors, call of duty info heroes, and window lickers.

The great thing that this forum has is the ability for a thread to reach page counts of over ten, and have not a single troll in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reading that firebug thread made me shake my head. I wanna login and correct them on what they are saying about the firebug but I don't know my login info. So they'll just have to error in their ways and kill their team mates.

this is direct from some user name m. hison

">that zerkersand medics have a better role

lol'd

I find a decent sharpshooter more helpful than a firebug, same with a good medic, but firebug's nice for making them take some initial damage+afterburn as well as your teammate's bullets.

If you're only flaming smaller enemies, you're not helpful at all. If you're putting fleshpounds on fire so your sharpshooter can have an easier time taking them out, you're helpful.

That's my view on it. "

I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of a firebug's purpose. He IS supposed to take out small enemies and light certain ones on fire. A firebug SHOULD NOT burn a FP. That will make it a pain in the *** for the sharp shooter to hit the pissed off FP. :(

Upvote 0