• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Request] Killing Floor Server Skins

Gooblaster

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Hi, is there a mutator that will allow me to add the character skins found on the forums and allow players to download and select them in my server without replacing the stock character skins?

This means they will be able to select the new custom skins in addition to the stock ones.

I tried searching on the forums but i can't seem to find any.

There is this thing Epic Games left for us to use called PlayerRecordClass:
Code:
class PlayerRecordClass extends Object
    abstract
    dependsOn(xUtil);

/* 
PLAYERRECORDCLASS
Use PlayerRecordClass to push down player skins and meshes from the server.
For example, if the Reaper clan was running a server, and had their own clan skin, in ReaperSkin.utx, here's what they'd need to do:

Create a new ReaperMod.u file, with the class Reaper in it.  The package name must be the class name with "mod" appended.  Reaper is a subclass of PlayerRecordClass, with
all the default properties set appropriately to setup up the character. Clan members will have to edit their user.ini file,
to change their character in the [DefaultPlayer] section, or have a .upl file with the same character definition.

The server will need to have both ReaperSkin and ReaperMod in its serverpackages.
*/
Those comments pretty much explains the idea.

Upvote 0
There is this thing Epic Games left for us to use called PlayerRecordClass:
Code:
class PlayerRecordClass extends Object
    abstract
    dependsOn(xUtil);

/* 
PLAYERRECORDCLASS
Use PlayerRecordClass to push down player skins and meshes from the server.
For example, if the Reaper clan was running a server, and had their own clan skin, in ReaperSkin.utx, here's what they'd need to do:

Create a new ReaperMod.u file, with the class Reaper in it.  The package name must be the class name with "mod" appended.  Reaper is a subclass of PlayerRecordClass, with
all the default properties set appropriately to setup up the character. Clan members will have to edit their user.ini file,
to change their character in the [DefaultPlayer] section, or have a .upl file with the same character definition.

The server will need to have both ReaperSkin and ReaperMod in its serverpackages.
*/
Those comments pretty much explains the idea.

I am a bit confused now TBH

Am i supposed to create a new mutator for every new skin that is added?

I dont know anything about making mutators

Upvote 0
I am a bit confused now TBH

Am i supposed to create a new mutator for every new skin that is added?

I dont know anything about making mutators

We did this on a server in UT2004. Basically if you pack the skin into a .u file, the server can force other players to download it so they can also see the skin. You could also go into the console and type in a command(Sorry, forgot what it is) and you could change your player skin when you reconnected/died.

Someone might be able to make a server mutator if they know how to make GUI screens(Think something like tradershop).

Upvote 0
We did this on a server in UT2004. Basically if you pack the skin into a .u file, the server can force other players to download it so they can also see the skin. You could also go into the console and type in a command(Sorry, forgot what it is) and you could change your player skin when you reconnected/died.

Someone might be able to make a server mutator if they know how to make GUI screens(Think something like tradershop).

Seems like NoGlory is working on this :)

How do i pack a Skin into a .u file?

Upvote 0
Seems like NoGlory is working on this :)

How do i pack a Skin into a .u file?

1. create a folder to the mutator in the root of your game, ex. KFARGMut, this will be the name of your mutator and the name of the *package* too
2. inside create another folder called Classes
3. inside create a file with .uc extension, edit, and create a new class that extends of the mutator class. ex class KFARGMut extends Mutator;
4. in the Classes foledr include your texture, sound, etc..
5. compile, you will have a .u packaque with the mutator code and textures inside, this will apply to sounds, meshes, etc.

xD

Upvote 0
I try to add custom char via mutator. Well I create class
Code:
class MutGirl extends PlayerRecordClass; 

defaultproperties 
{ 
        MeshName="Trader.TraderP" 
        BodySkinName="Girl.Uniforms.girl_diff" 
        FaceSkinName="KF_Soldier_Trip_T.heads.chris_head_diff" 
        Portrait=Material'Girl.Girl_portrait' 
		Ragdoll="British_Soldier1"
        Sex="Male"
		Skeleton="KFSoldiers.Soldier"
        Menu="SP"
		Species=class'KFmod.SoldierSpecies'
		TextName="XPlayers.Default"
		VoiceClassName="KFMod.KFVoicePackTwo"
}
I compile it successfully and I view this mutator in game but one does absolutly nothing(
Can anyone help?

Upvote 0