• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Most disappointing game of 2010?

Two of my friends convinced me to buy Star Craft 2, the game was absolutely terrible. I got to Platinum league before I finally decided the game was just boring. After playing games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War II which are highly innovative RTS games, to play a stale 11 year old generic gameplay RTS like Crap Craft 2 was just like pulling teeth. I mean all they did was remake the first 1 with slightly better graphics and fanboys thought it was a masterpiece. Waste of my 60 dollars.

Upvote 0
It took 8 years to come out, and the first game was revolutionary, now its a generic shooter.

It took 3 years to come out...It took 8 years for a sequel, but Mafia didn't need a sequel.

If you were expecting Mafia 2 to be as good as, or as revolutionary as Mafia 1 then more fool you - Recycling an 8 year old game is going to be generic, it's unavoidable, from the earliest footage it was apparent what it was going to be.

I suppose this all comes down to expectation, and everyone elses are a lot higher than mine.

Upvote 0
Man, bunch of nitpickers, you make it sound like it's a bad game, ME2 is awesome! Just as good as ME1 and better in many areas. One of the best game series of the last couple of years for sure. Sure, it has a couple of minor disadvantages but it's easy to blow those out of proportion. I'm really enjoying the game.:)

Every 2010 game I've played this year was good or great, but Metro 2033 (good as a game it is) stopped working for me which was disappointing. Not sure if it's the game or Steam.

Upvote 0
Final Fantasy XIII. Watched someone play this, and god damn.

Faults:

It's a JRPG, so it's plagued with awful storytelling, characters, and gaping plot holes. This one is no exception.

The entire system is so dumbed down, I'm sure even animals unaware of their own existence could play this game.

Piss easy and overflowing with cinematics. Games cease to be games when they start being bad attempts at movies.

JRPG.

The legion of FF weeaboos that will nevertheless ignore its glaring issues and claim it to be an awesome game.

Did I mention it's a JRPG?

Pros (the extensive list):

The disc can be used as a decorative coaster.

The disc can be a Frisbee.

It's a console game, so you can return it and forget it ever existed.

Upvote 0
Final Fantasy XIII. Watched someone play this, and god damn.

Faults:

It's a JRPG, so it's plagued with awful storytelling, characters, and gaping plot holes. This one is no exception.

The entire system is so dumbed down, I'm sure even animals unaware of their own existence could play this game.

Piss easy and overflowing with cinematics. Games cease to be games when they start being bad attempts at movies.

JRPG.

The legion of FF weeaboos that will nevertheless ignore its glaring issues and claim it to be an awesome game.

Did I mention it's a JRPG?

Pros (the extensive list):

The disc can be used as a decorative coaster.

The disc can be a Frisbee.

It's a console game, so you can return it and forget it ever existed.

I dunno... I love JRPG's. Wanna play FFXIII yet to see if its good D:

Upvote 0
Tough question when you buy as little (new) games as me. AvP2010 being a dumbed-down console FPS was surely disappointing after the good AvP and the fantastic AvP2, that was only borrowed though.

The guys developing NS2 abandoning their Steam-free client was also a let-down, but they were so nice and welcoming when I cancelled my day1 pre-order that there just can't be any hard feelings now.

Let's go with AvP2010 :)

Upvote 0
ME2 was great, screw you guys saying it wasn't. The combat was improved out of sight, they got rid of the repetitive side missions and it had a great story with some awesome set pieces. Only let down was the final boss.
They go rid of repetitive side missions, instead we get:
-repetitive side misions
-repetitive recruit missions
-repetitive loyalty missions
-repetitive upgrades grinding

Upvote 0