• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Re-installed Raven Shield recently and having a blast :). Once you learn your AI teammate's weaknesses (i.e. inability to throw grenades/flashbangs without completely exposing themselves), and have AI led teams ONLY use breaching charges it's great :). So so so much fun. I spend hours in the planning stages... and since regardless of how good your plan is there's always a good chance at least one of your operatives will go down (especially on the hardest difficulty which I'm playing on), I have to replay the missions many times, which I don't mind in the slightest ;). I really hope Ground Branch lives up to it (many of the Red Storm Entertainment devs that made the first three Rainbow games are on the Blackfoot Studios team now)

Even though it seems they're going for a more Ghost Recon/OFP feel (i.e. bigger maps, more outside, etc. not so much hostage rescue)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Started up Deus Ex last night for the first time. For a game that came out 2 years after Half-Life I am shocked how it looks almost the same as or worse than HL1. I also failed to see any viable options except for stealth when tackling missions, when clearly ramboing is supposed to be available (hence the choice of weapons in the first mission). You will simply be downed in 5 shots or less.

After the first few failed attempts with guns, I took the melee approach, but it is practically impossible to off some guy without alerting anyone (you have to be really far away, inside a building you are screwed). Tranq crossbow is also weak, ditto for the allegedly "1 shot kill" stealth pistol (ps90 I believe). If the next few missions don't improve, I will give up and have wasted $10, because what would be the point of playing Invisible War if it supposedly not as good as Deus Ex?

Upvote 0
Started up Deus Ex last night for the first time. For a game that came out 2 years after Half-Life I am shocked how it looks almost the same as or worse than HL1. I also failed to see any viable options except for stealth when tackling missions, when clearly ramboing is supposed to be available (hence the choice of weapons in the first mission). You will simply be downed in 5 shots or less.

After the first few failed attempts with guns, I took the melee approach, but it is practically impossible to off some guy without alerting anyone (you have to be really far away, inside a building you are screwed). Tranq crossbow is also weak, ditto for the allegedly "1 shot kill" stealth pistol (ps90 I believe). If the next few missions don't improve, I will give up and have wasted $10, because what would be the point of playing Invisible War if it supposedly not as good as Deus Ex?
it gets much better after the first mission

Upvote 0
Been playing Starwars Starfighter. Jedi Starfighter, the sequel, was my second PS2 game and I got it long ago. Good to play to prequel finally. :)

Only issue is no MP in the PC version. I liked the co-op in Jedi Starfighter.

(many of the Red Storm Entertainment devs that made the first three Rainbow games are on the Blackfoot Studios team now)

According to John, he is the only former RSE dev working at BFS.

Upvote 0
Im playing currently Stalker complete mod saga wich includes Stalker: shadow of Chernobil ( complete) , Stalker : Clear sky ( complete) and Stalker : Call of Prypiat ( still in development) . These mods gives to the Stalker saga the real deal in epicness , i started again to play Stalker: SoC and seriously its a new game speaking in a wide range of aspects including everything : visuals-gameplay; it is higly recomended to run and play the game with the mods in high settings and atleast dinamics lights effects , you can play it on normal of course but you wont see any difference , as i say the game is meant to be played in the highest settings possible.

Total pwnage.

Upvote 0
Some ****ty realistic eastern front FPS that you've probably never heard of before

:troll:

You mean one of the few games that actually works?

With every game I purchase, I seem to like RO more and more. Nice to have a game that actually works as advertised.

Too bad it requires that Steaming pile of **** to play. :(

Upvote 0
Also I'm missing great AAA titles of ME2 / Batman:AA calibre. On the other hand this gives me the opportunity to (re-)play some old titles. ATM I'm thinking about System Shock 2(is it still playable and is havin played the first one required?), HL1(or wait for black mesa mod if its ever coming out) and neverwinter nights 2(can you get laid?)

+ gunman chronicles

Last edited:
Upvote 0