• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Like the stun time for scrakes? how long do you think would be appropriate?

oh i don't know. it would have to be balanced and worked out but and increased probability and duration to daze certain stronger foes seems like a sensible (and logical, it's blunt) option to differentiate it from the axe and make it more interesting.
Yeah like the scrake stun.

Upvote 0
oh i don't know. it would have to be balanced and worked out but and increased probability and duration to daze certain stronger foes seems like a sensible (and logical, it's blunt) option to differentiate it from the axe and make it more interesting.
Yeah like the scrake stun.

Have you ever seen that glitch(?) when after a specimen is stunned, it runs slowly?

I'd imagine this might do that for a few seconds; like a concussion.

Upvote 0
I would have said a sledgehammer too but after seeing this.

I think a warhammer is definitely the way to go.

For the stats i'd see more an in between the katana and chainsaw rather than more than the chainsaw (which is a tier 4 weapon now (for its damage output), not tier three)

So, the warhammer would be tier 3.
Slot 4 to match the weight, almsot twice longer fire rate than the axe but almost twice the damage too. It would place it right in front of the katana in term of cheer power but not dps and would match the chainsaw's secondary for its primary, the slower fire rate balancing its secondary attack.
I think it should take 6 blocks.

Also yea. Makes the heads explod.

So let's recap

-

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxyfired
Upvote 0
This more seems like a Skin idea then a weapon, While it would be awesome to use, I dont think it has its place in KF without screwing over the fireaxe.

Honestly, if its planned out right it wont screw over the fire axe. This will be a slower weapon, but very powerful. This is just to give players a choice of awesome speed or slow but insane power.

Upvote 0
But isnt that what the choice between the katana and chainsaw is already?

"This weapon would benefit Killing Floor by giving the players a choice between pure power to speed. Although the chainsaw is seen to be the weapon for "slow" attack I don't think it is. The player can hold down the fire key and the blade runs, putting out damage where a 6zerk can pop heads within seconds."

Okay lets go ahead and dissect the weapon in question here the chain saw.

The whole idea is that is puts out power while taking away the zerks speed bonus. This is true, but the primary fire runs the blade at a constant speed. This attack pops the heads of any clot, gorefest,crawler and stalker. Now this is still an attack where the player has to not really time anything, hold down the fire key to run the blade. Simple.

The secondary attack is quite slow and puts out massive damage. This does take a considerable amount of timing, many dont use the saw.

The whole point of my suggestion is to give the player one more choice, the war hammer will give a nasty amount of damage and crush heads. This may be prove to be quite satisfying to many players. The katana cuts fast, the chain saw more or less cuts fast. This would bash skulls in slow. Now this would not really be a choice weapon for a crowd of clots.

This weapon would prove to be one of harder handling and take more skill. The lack of auto swing would make timing essential, making this a weapon of importance, a must hit and not miss. The miss of the first swing could cripple you on the second one.

Now that I am thinking about it I am going to pull back the no speed bonus, make it half due to the weight the player would lose only half max melee speed bonus, make the choice a bit nicer.

With that being said I dont think the chain saw has insane power, its very powerful but not insane enough. Like i said, lets make things interesting, put in insane power with the handicap for speed.

Upvote 0
but that seems more on the line that you want a chainsaw buff with a fancy look to it. Even befor the time when the katana appeared, people wanted and suggested a sledgehammer or a warhammer, what makes you think your suggestion is any different or that it will ever happen?

Honestly I dont know it will ever happen. I thought this out for a bit, and was looking for some community input. Furthermore this is not a sniper rifle post or some two lined with a picture post. Please if you dont like what I have suggested then don't flamebait it. As I said before there were few war hammer posts, I thought this was a unique idea with a few different ways it could go. This was not ment to replace the chain saw. READ MY OTHER POSTS. THIS WILL GIVE THE USER A BIT MORE CHOICE, YES IT IS SIMILAR TO THE CHAIN SAW BUT IT HAS A WHOLE DIFFERENT APPROACH TO MELEE WHICH IS NOT CUTTING BUT CRUSHING.

Please if you have anything constructive to add, do it. I get your point, I explained my views on how it differs from the chain saw. It is unique and would not bring a major balance issue to the game. Read my idea over and see how it differs from the chain saw and sledge hammer, it is quite clear.

EDIT: I don't want a chainsaw buff by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unit-05
Upvote 0
many ppl think KF doesnt have a story, but it actually does.
before all the new DLC character becomes available, the original character r basically just a bunch of law enforcers n army

KF story sets in england, n needless to say, if u actually read the mission briefing, it tells u the story of how ur a team tat got dispatch into tat location n try to hold off specimens while letting "survivors" escape

now my point is tat, its suppose to be modern society, fire axe, katana, chainsaw, these sorts of stuff r all modern n able to find it at many location, n guns bullpup, scar, ak, those r all army issued which make sense.

now a warhammer, which is WAY before world war 1, being available in a modern mission, tat wuldnt make sense n ruining the KF atmosphere

or unless ur aiming at using a lever action rifle, along wit a warhammer, holding off inside a pub, imagining ur in a remake of shawn of the dead.

Upvote 0
would a hammer like this do more damage than a fireaxe?
i would have thought the hammer would be the slightly faster option as it is balanced for combat, rather than making a head-heavy lumbering strike at a door.

Also what would be the difference beetween the blunt and the spikey head?

well phaps the flat end could give a high headshot bonus, including the stun thing we were talking about, but be fairly ineffectual to the body. Spike damage to body higher, head about same, but not such fast attacks cos it gets embedded somewhat. I dunno.

what i do know is that I like is the fact that there's actually a program in which a fat bloke with a moustache smacks things with a hammer.

Reactions: The_Holy_Diver
Upvote 0
Honestly I dont know it will ever happen. I thought this out for a bit, and was looking for some community input. Furthermore this is not a sniper rifle post or some two lined with a picture post. Please if you dont like what I have suggested then don't flamebait it. As I said before there were few war hammer posts, I thought this was a unique idea with a few different ways it could go. This was not ment to replace the chain saw. READ MY OTHER POSTS. THIS WILL GIVE THE USER A BIT MORE CHOICE, YES IT IS SIMILAR TO THE CHAIN SAW BUT IT HAS A WHOLE DIFFERENT APPROACH TO MELEE WHICH IS NOT CUTTING BUT CRUSHING.

Please if you have anything constructive to add, do it. I get your point, I explained my views on how it differs from the chain saw. It is unique and would not bring a major balance issue to the game. Read my idea over and see how it differs from the chain saw and sledge hammer, it is quite clear.

EDIT: I don't want a chainsaw buff by the way.

I never said It was ment to replace the chainsaw and I never said I didnt like the idea, nor did I say that what you wanted was a chainsaw buff, what I did say though, is that while choice would be nice (especially with a warhammer) chances are that this wont be implemented for the sake that what we have is already covered. Re-read what I had to say, and stating the obvious in big red capital letters won't help you much here.

If you can't take a straight up question or a blunt point of view without getting angry and declaring it as flamebaiting it, then don't suggest anything at all. Stop being an childish.

Upvote 0