• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Multiple Servers problems

Raico12

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
Hello all. I'm currently running a dedicated server in killing floor and have been for some time. i use to run 2 but didnt after the 1015 update. I recently attempted to run another server using the Mutlihome= command and the server would (Apparently) start just fine. but after a few minutes the other server would crash. After multiple failed attempts at solving the problem i noticed that even trying to bring up another server would crash the other. So for some reason i cant run another one? Can anyone shed some light on this issue? and yes ive tried reinstalling the servers and nothing seems to work. any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you made a new KillingFloor.ini for the second server or copy/pasted from the first? If it's a copy/paste make sure the [IpDrv.UdpGameSpyQuery] > OldQueryPortNumber isn't conflicting.

You're using the Multihome in the command line because you have multiple IP addresses right? If not, it's not necessary and just go with port changes.

Tell us more about your individual settings. OS, ports, etc.

Upvote 0
Im using the same ports as the first server to try and run this one. Should they be changed? Also i did not notice anything in the .ini i didnt really bother looking since i had already run multiple servers before and never had this problem. its wierd.

Edit: Oh i found that the old query port number is the same should it be different???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you've assigned one of your servers Port=7707 then the OldQueryPortNumber will typically be automatically assigned as 7717 (+10 from your port number).

Delete the whole [IpDrv.UdpGameSpyQuery] section from your KillingFloor.ini for the second server and let it assign that port and write to the .ini file by itself.

If the servers are on the same I.P. address then remove the Multihome command. The important thing is to make sure they're on different ports, eg.

Server 1
7707 UDP/IP (Game Port) For Port= in .ini
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Server 2 (with +2 for each port)
7709 UDP/IP (Game Port) For Port= in .ini
7710 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7719 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port) This is typically +10 of Port= but can vary.
28854 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8077 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20562 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Reactions: Raico12
Upvote 0