• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

sprinting head swivel

Napkin

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
In Games like Bf2 and BC2 when sprinting you cannot sidestep to see what is going on on your left or right side. I agree with this as i don;t want to see people sidesteping while sprinting like quake. What i would like to see is free look activate while sprinting. So since your gun becomes disabled while running, the movement of your mouse should be the movement of your mouse. So while running straight you can look to your left or right (kind of like BC2 view while on the quad.)

In Games like Bf2 and BC2 when sprinting you cannot sidestep to see what is going on on your left or right side. I agree with this as i don;t want to see people sidesteping while sprinting like quake. What i would like to see is free look activate while sprinting. So since your gun becomes disabled while running, the movement of your mouse should be the movement of your mouse. So while running straight you can look to your left or right (kind of like BC2 view while on the quad.)

That would make it a pain in the arse to navigate while sprinting. I agree with no strafing, but binding the mouse to free lock while sprinting is a no-go.

Upvote 0
That would make it a pain in the arse to navigate while sprinting. I agree with no strafing, but binding the mouse to free lock while sprinting is a no-go.

Well it depends. Have been playing game like
that new Medal Of Honor BETA (just beta, i havent
bought it :D)

And if i remeber right, once you start to sprint you move
like train. No possibility to turn at all. So if useing that
kind of sprinting, free head turning would work well.

Upvote 0
Sorry should have added this. Make it button activated. So i can sprint and use the mouse look to turn or if i want i can use the mouse look to look around.

This would work well if you are running in the open and want to see if there are enemies to your left or right... lets you decide if you will take cover or keep running. I find in BC2 i have no awareness while sprinting

Button activated free look would be cool

Upvote 0
Strafing simulates running into one direction while looking into another, so no, strafing should not be removed. Strafing and sidestepping are two different things.

Of course, freelook would be a great addition.

Maybe this should be represented better ingame. Not sure but I think you are still facing (with your body) the way you are looking when strafing in RO.

Upvote 0
strafing simulates running into one direction while looking into another, so no, strafing should not be removed. Strafing and sidestepping are two different things.

Of course, freelook would be a great addition.
jup.

This is probably the best thing for a game. strafe+sprint = sprint while looking to the side ftw!

Upvote 0