• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Game of the Year 2010

Game of the Year 2010

• StarCraft II

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Mafia II

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • God of War III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heavy Rain

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Civilization V

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Halo: Reach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mass Effect II

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Red Dead Redemption

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2

• Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Hello Kitty Horse Adventure 2010

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Red Dead Redemption
Split Second
Mass Effect 2
Demon Souls
Fable 3
Starcraft 2
Just Cause 2
Final Fantasy 13
Halo Reach
Kings Bounty Crossworlds
Trinity Universe
League of Legends
Castlevania
Quake Live
Lego Harry Potter
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty Black ops
Medal of Honor
Kinect Sports
Dance Unlimited
Sometimes I worry about you, Gusone. :p

Upvote 0
no Minecraft on that list :(

This. If looking back several years from now on the one game that people remember from 2010 and that defined the year, it would be Minecraft.

I don't even own it (yet?) but I acknowledge the massive influence it has had this year.

@Shepherd, yes I would guess that even in the super-futuristic year *2010* a large portion of humanity has other priorities, like getting food and water, than owning a console :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This. If looking back several years from now on the one game that people remember from 2010 and that defined the year, it would be Minecraft.

I don't even own it (yet?) but I acknowledge the massive influence it has had this year.

@Shepherd, yes I would guess that even in the super-futuristic year *2010* a large portion of humanity has other priorities, like getting food and water, than owning a console :rolleyes:
I actually thought about adding Minecraft, but in the end decided not to since it's still alpha/far from complete.

Upvote 0

Hunting polar bears for supper must be exhausting, so understandably you won't have the energy to play good video games.

Oh by the way, GOTY this year is Red Dead Redemption, no contest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harb and LemoN
Upvote 0
As it happens I've got a couple kid's that have PS 3's.

They both voty for ME2 & RDR in that order.

Personally I'll go for Quake Live, (thanks to gusone).
Everything Quake rolled into one and very accessible.
Sure. Use the "kid's have one" card....:p My console owner better be studying his calculus and physics and not playing on the friggen Xbox. :mad:

If we're gonna use the kids as a proxy, then: Beatles Rock Band....
No, wait. That was soo 2009 :eek:

Upvote 0
Sure. Use the "kid's have one" card....:p My console owner better be studying his calculus and physics and not playing on the friggen Xbox. :mad:

If we're gonna use the kids as a proxy, then: Beatles Rock Band....
No, wait. That was soo 2009 :eek:

I have trouble with my Pad's. :D
Actually the big one plays FM 20011/09/10/12.
I just don't understand the interest, he's been at it for years.
I just slipped him my old 8800gt, he said " I don't need that for FM", keep it...

Worlds gone mad...

Upvote 0
Original release was in 2009, so it's a 2009 game.

But the version this community would have most likely played is the PC one, and since this is not an official poll or something in which we will really decide anything meaningfull, I think it should be there.

For some people, this could be released this year (the version they could play at least)

And we could be talking eternally about the importance of the original console release date. My opinion still stands.

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
But the version this community would have most likely played is the PC one, and since this is not an official poll or something in which we will really decide anything meaningfull, I think it should be there.
With all the (in this case understandable) DRM-hate here I doubt it and it doesn't matter. This is not a poll to vote the best indie pc title/hardcore simulation poll, but game of the year. There's a rich general choice of titles available and if there's nothing you like, like i said, don't vote.

Upvote 0