• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Company of Heroes Online!

I briefly perused through the website and it looks just like the original RTS CoH.. but the OP said MMO version? Am I missing something?

Perhaps OP just didn't know what he was talking about, and mistook it for an MMO.

It has MMO elements. You create a character and choose a doctrine for that character. You fight battles I believe via a match making system, and your character gains experience, rewards, that you can use for future battles. It's basically CoH + persistent character leveling.

Upvote 0
I tried it and it blows. Sorry, but what is the point having to start from zero and not being able to use your command tree? And all of these gain levels to increase their accuracy for troops? Plus then it puts you up against people who have high enough rank to have all of these plus leveled up troops?

This ain't no fun. Stick with CoH if you have it or grap it from one of its numerous sales. This one feels like playing handicapped.

Only good thing compared to CoH is that you have have 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 match making.

Upvote 0
Yeah tried CoHO when it first made it into beta a couple of months ago, and for a while I thought "HELL YEAH COH IS BACK BABY", but then of course it became pretty obvious that elite units (or whatever their name was) pretty much ruin the game. Can't really explain it but there are times when those units pull off things almost impossible for their normal versions and instead of being a bit better versions like a fully vetted unit compared to a newly created one, they get crazy bonuses like blowing up whole squads etc... The only positive aspect of this game is that there are not panzer elite or brits that were pretty hard to balance out.

Too bad, it could have been a lot better :(

Upvote 0
Nah, everything is obtainable through playing as far as I remember, but of course if you pay you can buy them instead of hoping they "drop". The point is that all those units and various upgrades you can use every game are kinda ruining the feeling and any strategies/build orders etc. a proper rts must have if you get what I mean...

Upvote 0
Nah, everything is obtainable through playing as far as I remember, but of course if you pay you can buy them instead of hoping they "drop". The point is that all those units and various upgrades you can use every game are kinda ruining the feeling and any strategies/build orders etc. a proper rts must have if you get what I mean...

Yeah that sounds dumb but considering I sold my copy of CoH and this is free I might have to check it out. One other minimal gripe, that title screen with the "ONLINE" dog tag looks so horrendously budget title.

Upvote 0

Srsly.

One "elite" Volksgrenadier squad raping my base for the lose.

Upvote 0
While I enjoy the slower pace of the battles it feels like nothing is really ever happening. You cap something then the enemy caps it then you cap their point and then they cap another. Meanwhile you're just sending out troops and then retreating when they get injured and need strengthen up again. Repeat repeat repeat. Eventually someone breaks through and then the defender tries in vein to stay alive but has ultimately lost and it just feels like a waste of time.

Having been an avid SC2 player lately I've come to appreciate the fact that the battles don't last much more than 15-20 min usually and you only get maybe 1 or 2 extra chances to adapt your strategy or you're getting pounced real quick.

Upvote 0
Do more people play this or vanilla CoHO?

I think this one has more players. Should only take couple of minutes to get 3 on 3 or 4 on 4. Plus it's still beta so once released should gain big boost to numbers.

I have been playing this a little more and it's not that bad. Playerbase just can't handle this game and most of the matches are way too easy and too hard because your team mates have hard time keeping up with the enemy team.

I still think they should have released the vanilla CoH for free just as it is and then make CoH2 next year.

Upvote 0