• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

<*>Nora The Martyr

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
We all understand there is bleeding out & regular death from wounds.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I remember the dev's explaining how they wanted a complex damage system.

Shot in arm= decreased weapon control ie. more sway, less recoil control.

Shot in leg= limped for a period of time.

Shot in leg during sprint/ shock-waves= falling over anyone? Shell-shock knocking you on your *** for a couple seconds.

Shot in hand= Dropping your weapon. Keeping your ammo:cool:

blood/dust in the eyes?

If more creative ways to implement damage is thrown to the dogs and replaced with bleeding only, that seems like a step back to DOD days.

Can't we have bleeding & various damage types?

Let the same old arguements begin!:D

I like the wound ideas.

The "bleeding out" and bandages that make the wound from that 7.62x54R "all better" effect is very BF2-esque (insert countless other games). Poorly done and silly.

But the ideas in this thread are what should be in the game.

As for the "dirt/blood in your eyes" effect, I think it should be left out. In real life when dirt gets in your eyes, you blink a lot. You'll take at least one hand and try to wipe it out.

Imagine how fun that will be in a game.

It would be nice if it was a game in which we were wearing visors (GRAW ect.). Otherwise it just looks corny and actiony.

Upvote 0
Glad I'm not the only one.

Would love Bleeding & Various Wound types.

I still recall a battle when me and a russian rounded a corner and shot each others weapons out of our hands.

We where both shocked, standing there, contemplating rushing for a gun-making a few steps forward, but ultimately bolted away from each other.

Or seeing an assault trooper in the distance-My bullet hits the poor fellow in the leg. He starts to limp, spraying SMG rounds everywhere to provide failed cover.

Next burst drops him.

Classic moments, only RO:OST could provide. No other successful FPS game I knew of, had moments like these. However, bleedings been done.

Can't we have both bleeding and rad game-changing wounds?

Upvote 0