• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The great gore mystery.

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
I'll put it simply.

There is no gore.

Seriously. Your QA can confirm. Go on a server, start Blowing yourselves up and you will see no severed limbs. Whats happened to them all.

On Hue city there is a location on the map where a bunch of severed limbs keep spawing. It's in the middle of the map on a road between E, D and C. There are many screenshots of this and I will post some later on. But yes. It seems when you blow people up all their limbs teleport to a point on the map. This likely happens on ALL maps we just don't know where on the other maps. Their physics are also broken as they will always be standing upright. Hence why people often call it a Limb farm.

Now it does seem to only be certain kinds of explosives which do this. But I can't say which as I don't know. Because you occasionally do get the right limb in the right place with the right physics.

I've seen gore from using the RPG many times, it's hard to judge unless you increased the FXLifetimeMultiplier. But indeed the limbs vanish from their original location, I do not even recall seeing any apart from the limb farms.

My logs files get pretty large from these BoneIndex errors, perhaps it is related to the limb issue?

Spoiler!

The limb farms remind me of Call of Duty World at War.
FRWL4zT.jpg

Upvote 0