• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unable to place arty market when SL or TL

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
I hope there isnt something really dumb I have overlooked. But I figure putting down arty marks is the same as RO2. Be an SL, get your binoculars our and hit the left mouse button. When I do that it just tells my troops to move to that position. I can however put down an arty mark with the smoke.

EDIT : I ma have answered my question. I need to press B and then move the market around before right clicking. So a little different to RO2.

Last edited:
Lemonater47;n2299282 said:
No actually.

It's because you have your weapons defaulting to semi auto.

The binoculars for some reasons has fire modes. So in its "alternate" fire mode it swaps all the commands around. If you press X it should be back to normal.

The binoculars should not have any such semi auto mode, people primarily use them for marking artillery. And with this default to semi auto feature in the options, many people will be dumbfounded and think there is a bug or their game is broken. I was one of them, I turned that feature on and suddenly my binoculars weren't marking artillery!

I started to panic until I read up that I had to press X or 6 (whatever bound to switch fire modes) to make the binoculars switch from ordering the squad to move to location mode to actual marking artillery mode.

Either exempt binoculars from this default to semi auto option or put a warning next to the option that states that binoculars are considered firearms and they have a full auto/semi auto switch.

Upvote 0