• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Huey M60s appear to not work after a helicopter crash.

Jagdwyre

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
I recently had a situation happen where I was attempting to drop troops off on the southern rice fields in SongBe only to be hit by an RPG. The way the RPG impacted the helicopter caused everyone except me(the pilot) to die. It also destroyed the main rotor blade and the engine, but everything else was still intact.

After exiting the chopper and taking cover behind it I realized the enemy didn't realize I was still alive, to capitalize on this I decided to get back in the crashed chopper and man the M60 that was facing their position(the right side). I started opening fire, shooting directly at a couple of enemies that were moving slowly and were completely stationary. To my disappointment rounds didn't seem to connect with the targets at all, in fact I'm pretty sure in retrospect I wasn't even firing bullets at all as there were not even visual bullet impacts on the ground near them.
This all ended about 5 seconds later when the sniper(one of the guys I was shooting at) noticed the M60 firing(pointlessly apparently) and shot me.

In other words a potential epic moment in the game was completely ruined by the apparent buggy nature of the M60s on a crashed Huey.

Last edited: