• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AC-47 vs DShK

supreme_memer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2017
During phase 4 I fired at an AC-47 with a DSkH, though not expecting it to get shot down. But what I noticed was that it continuously fired upon me but failed to kill me which resulted in the AC-47 being completely useless since only those who were near the DSkH had a possibility of dying. I don't know if the spooky targets specific players, if this is the case then it could use a fix. If it works like artillery strikes then it was probably only a coincidence.

The spooky works in a fairly unique way. It does a radius check around the target to find all players in the kill zone, then fires dummy bullets targeted directly at those players (with a little bit of spread added). I can't remember if it's doing a line of sight check as well - there's a possibility that it might do and if it does, then in theory if you got the angle of the DShK just right, you could block the line of sight check and it wouldn't fire at you. Or alternatively, it is firing at you, but the rounds are striking the weapon rather than you (the spread should take care of that if enough rounds are fired). I'm not entirely certain, but if it does turn out that it can't "see" you, then yes, we may have a problem that needs fixing.

Upvote 0