• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PLEASE FIX Rapid Deployment

Mulder

Sep 26, 2017
Hi,
I'd like to point out that rapid deployment for the US is not working as it technically should. There's one big flaw with it...
- If a squad member's squad leader is still alive, and I use rapid deployment as a US commander, that squad member doesn't spawn on their squad leader unless they have already selected to spawn on their squad leader. If they have not yet selected to spawn on their squad leader they will spawn back at the spawn point even though their squad leader is still alive.

I feel like this isn't working as intended.

Rapid Deployment should spawn everyone on their squad leader if he's alive, whether or not they have their squad leader selected as their spawn.

in it's current iteration as a commander I feel that Rapid Deployment isn't worth using. What usually happens is half the players waiting to spawn haven't yet selected to spawn on their squad leader and when I use Rapid Deployment it's detrimental as half those players spawn far back at the spawn point instead of at their forward squad leader. I feel like there's rarely a scenario where you'd choose to spawn far back on the spawn instead of on your squad leader.

I feel like Rapid Deployment is unreliable and doesn't really provide a benefit at the moment. By changing it so all players spawn on their squad leaders if they're alive by default would make it a strong ability instead of a wash as it is now. Half the time it just upsets players and doesn't provide any benefit.

​​​​​​​The NVA deployment ability is great and working as intended, the US one needs to be fixed to match and to be worth using.

Should be the players fault then? You do know that some players choose the static spawn points over those of the squad leader. Most SL's can't stand the boredom of sitting somewhere and acting as a spawn point, so the squad members only choice is the static spawn.

If you are on a public server, people will do very damn well whatever they please even if it counters logic.

Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2306444 said:
Should be the players fault then? You do know that some players choose the static spawn points over those of the squad leader. Most SL's can't stand the boredom of sitting somewhere and acting as a spawn point, so the squad members only choice is the static spawn.

If you are on a public server, people will do very damn well whatever they please even if it counters logic.

Auto spawn ALWAYS spawns you on your squad leader.

Rapid deployment will spawn you back at base unless you MANUALLY select squad leader.

You can see where it gets annoying. Quite often you don't have time to even select. Or you don't select anything because 99% of the time you don't need to. As it will spawn you on SL.

Upvote 0